Anyone had used the Hobbywing Quicrun systems before?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Looking at the quicrun brushless systems. Has anyone used them before and how are they? Looking at the 10BL60 and the 10BL120 SD for the 1/10 cars. I also had been looking at the 16BL30 for the mini b. Looks like it comes in sensored and sensorless. Also you have to solder your own motor connections and battery connections. You can also select different turn motors so might use these in the B74?

I have used them in a couple different rcs without issue. They are a reasonably priced esc with decent quality. Easy to program - I do have the program card.

I have used them in a couple different rcs without issue. They are a reasonably priced esc with decent quality. Easy to program - I do have the program card.
Yea I think all hobbywing products are easy to program and to use. Never had any issues with my max10 sct and max10 so far. My uncle has the LCD program card which I used the other day. The LCD card is easy to use.
A lot of people say there good sensored will be more smooth
Yea sensored is better for racing but I've seen a few people use it in normal bashers and speed runs. Might get this quicrun sensored 1/10 motor/esc for my B74 but its not competition grade electronics. I think I might be better off using the XR10 Justock 13.5 combo. Or I can go full out and do a XR10 Pro 6.5 combo for mod racing but I think starting out with stock would be better for me.

Hurd good things about hobbywing. I haven't used any of there products.in my mini rings I have procar 25/35 ,id go with censored only not sure about your desires for procar I always go to a track if I'm going to race at it a jump in on the run what they run and do tuning to my needs.

I have used them. They are more for bashing in my opinion, not that refined for racing but can work. 60 amp is significantly lighter than 120 so for racing that one I would suggest if you are really tight on budget. You have to solder your own connectors. For racing I would suggest spending a little more for xr10 just stock

I run Hobbywing in my SE and have use their quicrun in my drag 4TEC with an old 4.5t on 3S and damn it flies!!! Get either the programming card, digital programmer to tune it makes it a bit more fun. Happy RC’ing Y’all!!!

If tunability matters, for mod classes, then I'd have a look at the manuals for what parameters you are able to adjust. The QUICRUN 10BL120 is basically, if I may, the same basic parameter tunability of the "old school" XeRun 120A v2 speed control from years ago (2010).

If tunability matters, for mod classes, then I'd have a look at the manuals for what parameters you are able to adjust. The QUICRUN 10BL120 is basically, if I may, the same basic parameter tunability of the "old school" XeRun 120A v2 speed control from years ago (2010).
My uncle uses the old HW V3.1 in his xray so I had been trying to find like a used one which I had and might get. I think he also has the V2 in is spare parts bin. I had been looking at the Xr10 stock spec and 13.5 or the xr10 pro g2 13.5. With all of the new xr10s I am pretty sure they all have built in polarity protection. The older v2/v3 don't have it i am pretty sure. Thats how my uncle blew his novak esc. Negative in the positive side. Also if i go with the xr10 pro g2 i can upgrade to mod in the future with out upgrading the esc and I am pretty sure I get a lot of more programable options.
There is also the xr10 just stock combos like what @Bogda89 is saying. That is the most cheapest option so I might go with that but I would like to upgrade to mod in the future so I think the xr10 pro g2 would be best. I will have my uncle do all the soldering for me. I also am getting these 1up racing 5mm bullet connectors and little negative and positive things for the esc: https://www.amainhobbies.com/1up-ra...ps-w-5mm-bullets-black-red-1up190436/p1326707
Hobbywing v3.1 stock spec 100a ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3046252653...tUjRuLXmVd94De4V14O7bRZK8=|tkp:Bk9SR7DvhuukYQ

Hobbywing v3.1 120a ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2849414849...xxj+qkJ1EgvXysr5BZwvIdWuM=|tkp:Bk9SR7DvhuukYQ

Last edited:
Back