Any WLToys brushless car without delay??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickpool

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a fast wltoys car that is brushless and doesn't have a delay when accelerating... is there one?

I liked the 144010 and 124017 models, but I don't want to buy a new car and have to fix or install anything to get it running right without delay...

please help! Thank you

Hi, I'm looking for a fast wltoys car that is brushless and doesn't have a delay when accelerating... is there one?

I liked the 144010 and 124017 models, but I don't want to buy a new car and have to fix or install anything to get it running right without delay...

please help! Thank you
I dont understand your question. you're saying you want a fast brushless RC but you dont want to buy a new car or have to fix anything. Please try restating what it is you're after exactly.

Last edited:

please help! Thank you

It's possible you can change the "Punch" the ESC's settings, this is probably the only solution that won't involve buying / installing anything more for it.

It's usually set to a medium setting, try upping it to its maximum.

You'll do this by some combination of turning the ESC on while holding the program button down, and paying attention to the beeps it makes:
This manual may work for you

Sorry for the mistakes, I use the translator.

In short, I wanted to ask if there is any Wltoys model that is brushless and that does not have the delay failure on the remote control.

I ask about the Wltoys brand specifically because I can only spend about 200 dollars in the car. (and I had also liked some models but I discarded them because of the delay problem)
Edit: is there any other brand with good and fast cars for about 200 dollars?

Thanks mates.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the video, but I don't understand it very well and I can't translate it into my language.
Could you tell me what is the solution of the video please? LOL
change any part or receiver? change the entire controller?
It annoys me to buy something new and have to do tinkering to make it work well...

Other question: What other electric car from another brand would you recommend that is fast and good value for money? about 200 dollars more or less. Maybe a bit more...

Thanks again.

Hi, thanks for the video, but I don't understand it very well and I can't translate it into my language.
It annoys me to buy something new and have to do tinkering to make it work well...

Other question: What other electric car from another brand would you recommend that is fast and good value for money? about 200 dollars more or less. Maybe a bit more...

Thanks again.
I don't know where you are from but you can look at used market.

Although I would never Suggest someone to buy a used rc especially if he has 0 experience with rc. There is a lot that it could go wrong. And you have to wait for a good deal to pop. I had Chinese rc before, and I would buy used name brand every time instead of Chinese rc.

Thanks again.
The video basically says if you're using a version 2 transmitter that has the blue steering wheel like this one:
Capture3.JPG

The ones with the short number on the back are the radios with the delay issue. Like this one:
Capture2.JPG

The ones that work correctly are the ones that have a much longer number on the back of them like this one:
Capture.JPG

If you get a version 2 radio with the blue steering wheel that has the long number like the one pictured above and bind it to your receiver then it wont have the delay. You could also buy a budget radio and receiver like the Flysky GT3b and switch out the receiver and that would work also. I hope this helps.

The video basically says if you're using a version 2 transmitter that has the blue steering wheel like this one:
View attachment 158119

The ones with the short number on the back are the radios with the delay issue. Like this one:
View attachment 158120

The ones that work correctly are the ones that have a much longer number on the back of them like this one:
View attachment 158121

If you get a version 2 radio with the blue steering wheel that has the long number like the one pictured above and bind it to your receiver then it wont have the delay. You could also buy a budget radio and receiver like the Flysky GT3b and switch out the receiver and that would work also. I hope this helps.
Thanks friend for the summary of the video.
I don't know what to do...
what would you do? Is it easy to change the emitter and transmitter?
Could you recommend another brand that has interesting cars for about 200 dollars?
Thank you again

Thanks friend for the summary of the video.
I don't know what to do...
what would you do? Is it easy to change the emitter and transmitter?
Could you recommend another brand that has interesting cars for about 200 dollars?
Thank you again
MST brand has some cheaper on road cars.

Yes, Redcat, HSP, and just about anything will be better.

I see this HSP brushless, what do you think? I think that the wltoys are a bit faster but...
http://www.modeltronic.es/top-li-po...ro-lipo-edition-80kmh-azul-blanco-p-8887.html
Its very easy to change out a receiver or transmitter but if you dont want to do it then you may want to take a look at this. Its very similar to the WLToys car that you have but from what I've seen in youtube videos it appears to be a little higher quality and very fast

https://rlaarlo.com/products/rlaarlo-amx12

Its very easy to change out a receiver or transmitter but if you dont want to do it then you may want to take a look at this. Its very similar to the WLToys car that you have but from what I've seen in youtube videos it appears to be a little higher quality and very fast

https://rlaarlo.com/products/rlaarlo-amx12
I would never pay 250$ for Chinese rc, especially that tiny.

I don't like rc cars smaller than 1/10 scale but I would rather buy losi mini b or mini t for 150 or mini erevo for 200$. In my local truck there is losi mini class, a lot of fun

I paid 300$ for 2months old tekno et410.2 with a bunch of upgrades and spare parts and spare tires. There is no way I would pay only 50$ less for rlarlo and then wait multiple weeks or even months to arrive

IMG_20230101_164056333.jpg

I would never pay 250$ for Chinese rc, especially that tiny.
Its 1/12, same size and same type of car as the WLToys kit he has. Besides, have you watched any videos of that buggy? It looks like its pretty decent quality compared to a lot of the Chinesium kits out there.

I don't like rc cars smaller than 1/10 scale but I would rather buy losi mini b or mini t for 150 or mini erevo for 200$. In my local truck there is losi mini class, a lot of fun
Losi minis are fine, I own both of them but they are smaller than what he currently has and they arent nearly as fast since they are brushed. He could convert them to brushless but the guy is looking at buying a new rig rather than have to figure out how to bind a new radio to a receiver so I wouldnt recommend he dives in to that right away. The MERV is awesome though, If he was good with that type of rig and the price then thats an awesome kit.

I paid 300$ for 2months old tekno et410.2 with a bunch of upgrades and spare parts and spare tires. There is no way I would pay only 50$ less for rlarlo and then wait multiple weeks or even months to arrive
Again I wouldn't recommend a used RC to a guy who is unsure of changing out a radio. Plus a like new Tekno ET410.2 with electronics and extra parts etc is a bit of a unicorn. You just dont run across deals like that everyday. Rlaarlo's websites says 2-3 weeks delivery time on average. Nickpool lives in Europe so it might not even take that long for him.

Just my :2cents:

Its 1/12, same size and same type of car as the WLToys kit he has. Besides, have you watched any videos of that buggy? It looks like its pretty decent quality compared to a lot of the Chinesium kits out there.

Losi minis are fine, I own both of them but they are smaller than what he currently has and they arent nearly as fast since they are brushed. He could convert them to brushless but the guy is looking at buying a new rig rather than have to figure out how to bind a new radio to a receiver so I wouldnt recommend he dives in to that right away. The MERV is awesome though, If he was good with that type of rig and the price then thats an awesome kit.

Again I wouldn't recommend a used RC to a guy who is unsure of changing out a radio. Plus a like new Tekno ET410.2 with electronics and extra parts etc is a bit of a unicorn. You just dont run across deals like that everyday. Rlaarlo's websites says 2-3 weeks delivery time on average. Nickpool lives in Europe so it might not even take that long for him.

Just my :2cents:
Yes, I agree with you. I watched couple videos, one actually couple days ago from tomley, and I agree with him. For 150$ that they use to sell it was better deal than wl toys and others, but 250$ not really.

I am not really sure about European market, but here in USA you can find a good deal on used market. But I would never Suggest used rc to someone with little or zero expirience. And also not all used deals are good, actually the opposite, many people ask more for their trashed stuff than new in box. I am sick of people asking 600$ for 2wd slash with bent aluminum arms.

Back