Any suggestions on a radio?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubberneck

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
any suggestions on a radio? i have a savage x 4.6 & the radio isn't comfortable for me. i would like to get quility radio but don't wanna spend a fortune. also if i get new radio is it difficult to make work with my truck & would i have to buy anything else with it to make it work? thanks for help

thanks for info tmaxx but that design looks just like my savage radio with wheel hanging low. i'm ass backwards (control throttle brake with right hand & steer with left) can't seem to make it work other way

Oh, thats a whole new ball game then.

You could buy an Arrma vehicle they come with this remote, you can change the wheel to the other side, if you don't like the vehicle swap out the trx/rx and sell it. lol I checked E-bay and it doesn't look like Arrma brand has hit the chop shops yet.

The FlySky is going to be my next radio I think, I have been looking at getting one of those for a while now. Rubberneck, the wheel can be on either side of the radio by the looks of it (although I could be wrong, it doesn't show it that way in these pics above, but I tought that I saw that somewhere), so you are covered either way. Or is it that you dont like the wheel hanging down low? For $40 bucks, this thing looks like a helluva deal!

futaba 3pl is 110 with a receiver
futaba 3pm-x is 180 with a receiver
both quality radios that will last years (if you don't upgrade by then)
my advice is to buy a radio that you will not outgrow. the futaba 4pl is an amazing deal for what you get with it. airtronics also makes a mid level radio, mt4.
whatever you do stay away from spektrum (not trying to start any big arguments) I've held a dx3s and used it with a friends car and i wasn't a fan of the feel, trigger, or massive steering wheel. but thats just my opinion. I've been spoiled by my 4pks :naughty:

The Flysky is a great budget controller but you can't make it a lefty. For bashing I couldnt be happier. I wouldnt want to race with it but I love it on my bashers.

i ordered a futaba 3 channel 2.4 radio with receiver for 70.00. thanks guys. hopes its agood one.