And so it begins ...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

RicoBanderez

RCNT Racer
RC Driving Style
Bashing
looks awesome man! love seeing the updates!
I try to set my throttle/brake servo neutral at idle position as much as possible. you limit this with endpoints. doing this gives you the most travel in either direction allowing for maximum usability of the servo. also if the linkage tries over-extending it wont rotate to far to start coming back around. (with that linkage not really possible, but for some I've worked on turning to far started coming back around going backwards.)
painting bodies is so much fun, honestly its kind of addicting in itself lol.
Hi @D3MON
Thanks for the message. What I'm struggling with set-up wise is ...
when the horn is set in neutral position .. where should the throttle be set? because the brake doesn't move through as much of a range of motion as the throttle body I'm trying to think about where the thottle should be when the brakes are on bull beans.
I've really enjoyed the build though. I'm already thinking that I might change the toe on the rear. I've got it set at .5 degree toe in and being as i'm not going to be racing for some time I'd thinking I might set everything to 0 / neutral so that I can learn to control the vehicle and then tune as I need.
On the painting front ... do you need to prime the shell or can you just buy some paint and crack on?
The attached would be my ideal paintwork but i've got no clue where to even start! (This is my favourite racing car of all time)

Attachments

D3MON

RCNT Addict
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Hi @D3MON
Thanks for the message. What I'm struggling with set-up wise is ...
when the horn is set in neutral position .. where should the throttle be set? because the brake doesn't move through as much of a range of motion as the throttle body I'm trying to think about where the thottle should be when the brakes are on bull beans.
I've really enjoyed the build though. I'm already thinking that I might change the toe on the rear. I've got it set at .5 degree toe in and being as i'm not going to be racing for some time I'd thinking I might set everything to 0 / neutral so that I can learn to control the vehicle and then tune as I need.
On the painting front ... do you need to prime the shell or can you just buy some paint and crack on?
The attached would be my ideal paintwork but i've got no clue where to even start! (This is my favourite racing car of all time)
just to confirm, at neutral position of the servo with the carb at idle, you are getting enough swing from the servo arm to fully open the carb correct?
yes there is shorter range of motion to the breaks, as long as the throttle will open all the way with the servo centered it is ok. the biggest concern is running out of brake swing. breaks will wear down over time (very minutely in the case of RCs) and you dont want to run out of brake application swing. the throttle is going to stay the same travel indefinitely.

Painting: no, not primer needed. biggest thing you have to keep in mind is that you are painting from the inside. which means that whatever is first to be put down will be seen.
do make sure to get correct lexan (polycarbonate) paint as well, personally i prefer Tamiya and Duratrax paints, but faskolor, spazstix (never remember how this is spelled), pactra, are all good from what i hear.
as far as that paint the red streak imo is gonig to be the hardest to achieve, most of the rest is going to be masking work. i would definitely google some techniques for painting just to go into it with as much knowledge as possible.

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
On the servo's ,always turn your system on ,check an make sure that the transmitter trim knobs are centered ,then your servo ,go to
center ,then you install the horns ,after that ,you will do the linkage an set those accordingly ,the springs that go on there are to allow
for tension relief when the pressure is put on in opposite direction ,an you fine tune those points by adjusting the collars with set screws
or turn knuckle!

As far as painting the body ,you can buy those graphic sheets ,but always practice on a piece of scrap lexan or clear plastic first!

Also ,do you really want to paint your own body? there is people out there that does paint bodies!...:cool:

Oh ,your buggy is looking great ,you did an awesome job on the build!....:thumbs-up: