AMA Season

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Any body besides me follow the AMA super cross series? Or even the lights? Any bets on who's gonna take it home in May?

I want Villopoto to take it. Dungy is obviously very good but just too green into it for me, not enough respect yet for it so I want to see someone with more experience take the points back. Would love to see Windom finally take a 1st this year in the main event too.

Would be sick to see Stewart come back even with just a few left and really make them guys have to work for it.

I watch it and haven't missed an outdoor or super cross race in years. I also want to see Ryan v pull it out. And I love to watch porcell ride he's awesome. I try to make it to one race a year but having 2 little kids makes it tough. I wish I wasn't a female pee pee and would have rode my crf450 a little harder before I sold it to buy a quad. Do you watch any amateur racing we have a few tracks up here and I have a few friends that race.

I used to go to local races alot back in the day when my brother raced but any more I just watch it on tv. BMX is my favorite sport actually but supercross/outdoor is the most unpredictable thrill out of any sport ever in my opinion.

Watching Houston Lites right now actually ;-) I raced MX for like 10+ years. Jimmy Decotis used to be a local and was on 60s and 80s when I was racing! God I feel old now....

Justin Barcia was also a semi local since I was in New England, but raced NY quite a bit.

I'm also watching it right now you have to love dct's. Barcia is great to watch also.

Yep, I follow it every year, usually have a big party for both the opening round, and the final round at the house. I rode MX back in the day, and still make it out to the track on occasion for a slow lap or two. I have to disagree on Dungey though. I think he has plenty of respect for it, he's already won one championship in the lites class that came down to the wire after all. I think his problem is that he gets his cage rattled too easy, and no amount of training can fix that. You either perform well in the pressure cooker, or you don't. And let's face it, you're not always gonna get the holeshot and run away with it. I like Dungey though, I see a lot of the things that I liked so much about RC in him, mainly being humble. I like Villapoto too though, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

On a related note, who else thinks it's total BS that riders like Stewart can just blow off the outdoor season and still have sponsors?

I also think that its bs. I love to watch him race and he should be there cause he is a top racer. If I made the money he did I would be there. Plus he always has best crashes and ragdolls very well. Lol

You think he will blow it off this year though? Missing the supercross series, I would think he's training up for outdoor....I would hope....Since Chad came back into the series last night, show's he's atleast trying, although it sure doesn't look like he's adapting to his Kawi very well. And congrats too Windom on 2nd last night as well as Tedesco on 3rd, that was a huge suprise to see number 9 push that hard.

You think he will blow it off this year though? Missing the supercross series, I would think he's training up for outdoor....I would hope....Since Chad came back into the series last night, show's he's atleast trying, although it sure doesn't look like he's adapting to his Kawi very well. And congrats too Windom on 2nd last night as well as Tedesco on 3rd, that was a huge suprise to see number 9 push that hard.

He's already said he's not racing. Well, let me re-phrase that, he will do "select" events. He has a reality show now, to see (in his words) "how the rest of the world lives". So long as it's the rest of the world that lives in McMansions, and drive Ferraris that is, what a joke :D The sad part is, I think he may be the most naturally talented rider to ever throw a leg over a bike. Reed IMO is the biggest German purse in the sport, he's a dirty rider, and a sore loser to boot.

I heard him say that on that show (wich was lame imo) too but I didnt realize he meant the outdoor, damn. He's easily the funnest to watch too....Could just be for some "drama" though that he said it, lets hope.

The last race that reed and Stewart were in together was awesome it was a derby. Reed is a cry baby. It's to bad that kdub hasn't been on the podium more he had to be the most humble rider. It was great watching him win the daytona mud race and see reed throwing a fit. Lol

Yeah but Reed had a good reason lol, he was like over a minute a head of Kdub when his bike took a crap, that would suck bad lol. He is hella cocky though but still that can't change that fact that he is one of the greatest supercross and outdoor racers there is. I get more excited about seeing Windom podium more than most other racers. He's NEVER in a hurry and always in perfect control imo.

Wow, what a season! Totally sucks that Villopoto broke his leg in St.louis and gave it away but congrats to Dungey for the AMA Championship tonight, as a rookie, only the second rookie to ever do it! And congrats to Kdub on the win tonight in Seattle, hope he can take second overall in the series.

Wow, what a season! Totally sucks that Villopoto broke his leg in St.louis and gave it away but congrats to Dungey for the AMA Championship tonight, as a rookie, only the second rookie to ever do it! And congrats to Kdub on the win tonight in Seattle, hope he can take second overall in the series.

Yep, I was stoked for Dungey to win it, even if Reed and Bubba were out. I'm pulling for Kdub too, you just can't help but like the guy, plus I've been watching him for 20 years LOL. I hope everyone stays healthy next year, should be very interesting.

Oh yeah, next season should be insane! Dungey of course, hopefully Reed is dialed in on what ever bike he'll be riding, all of the guys coming up from lights will be there, hopefully Stewart will be back, maybe Villopoto will be back and he proved he can push like crazy. I look forward to it. But this season isnt over for 2nd place on, should be an exciting last two rounds.

By the way, CBS has the listing for the Salt Lake race on the 1st, Speed wont be playing it till the 8th before the Las Vegas event.

By the way, CBS has the listing for the Salt Lake race on the 1st, Speed wont be playing it till the 8th before the Las Vegas event.

Thanks for that SNG, I have the schedule saved somewhere, but I surely would have forgotten to check and then been bitching about how SPEED wasn't showing it. :D

I hope that kdub will pull out second. And next season will be awesome with porcell moving up I can't wait.

I really can't see Kevin not being able to take second, he would have to mess up really bad, Josh Hill just doesn't seem to have what it takes to place high any more kinda leaving the door open.

Back