Am I the only one? 🤔

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin trj

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
So my thing is really scx24 and trx4m crawlers but I am going to confess I own two of those hbx (haiboxing) trucks. The 16889a pro, which is a brushless 1/16 scale truck and the 3100 a which some say it is a short course truck but others call it a trophy truck, I really like them. Am I the only one?

IMG_9846.jpeg

IMG_0050.jpeg

Last edited:
i have an hbx 2997a. i frikin love it! i feel you bro just wish they had the support the larger names have. such a fun car
yeah! Lots of fun 👍. I think the more they get out there the more support they’ll give.
I’m looking at their drifter now, so cool.

that’s a heck of an rc truck, I really like that esc with the fan and all 👍.

They’re a ton of fun!

So do you hbx lovers think my 3100 would benefit from installing a larger ESC? I was planning to get this one: https://a.co/d/357Wu3p, which is the one that comes in the 2997A. According with hbx they are compatible.

i know i am able to burn thru 2 3 s batteries in my 2997a and have yet to have heat issues, they even talked me into using the temp gun, always way below danger zone, if it will fit why not? is there a downside?

So what you’re really saying is “buy a 2997a“? 😂
I already bought the 2997a ESC, it’ll be here on Friday. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

So as I get back into faster cars I realize I need to re learn how to handle rc rigs. Today I stopped by a park on my way home, the trail resembles a street, perfect for my 3100a. I completely sucked at it, it’s different wanting the car head towards a stablished direction than just punching the throttle in an empty field. I almost returned the dang rig thinking it’s not controllable until I figured that my throttle control was nonexistent 😞.

So as I get back into faster cars I realize I need to re learn how to handle rc rigs. Today I stopped by a park on my way home, the trail resembles a street, perfect for my 3100a. I completely sucked at it, it’s different wanting the car head towards a stablished direction than just punching the throttle in an empty field. I almost returned the dang rig thinking it’s not controllable until I figured that my throttle control was nonexistent 😞.

It takes a bit for throttle control to become habit. You can also adjust down your steering rate a bit so you don't over correct until you get the feel for it. Practice is important, nobody starts out with mad skills. ;)

In my day gyro just meant something you ate, is it considering cheating if I get a controller/receiver with gyro control for my 3100?

In my day gyro just meant something you ate, is it considering cheating if I get a controller/receiver with gyro control for my 3100?

Not at all, whatever makes it fun for you, that is the whole point, right?

It took me years to get to drive just decently. I tried Radiolink's gyro (trash) and FlySky's (decent) but prefer to do my own driving now. Once you get the hang of it a gyro (or stability program to be more precise) will just get in your way. Put together a small track (even if it's just in your head, no need to actually mark it out) and go slow enough that you get around it easily, then start going faster. You'll be surprised how much faster slow is, if you get me :)

I've always been into the smaller 1/18 & 1/24 scales. I do have 1/10 and 1/8 but i can't always get out to use them and most weekends it has been raining. I have been using my Granite Grom in my basement at night. And I setup a course for my scx24 from time to time in the living room.

this park I went to yesterday has the perfect setup. K will be back there to practice.
1/24 crawlers is what sucked me in back into the hobby. Mine climbs my dog’s bed all the time 😂. So much fun 👍

I forgot to ask, if I get the 2997a esc on my 3100a, is it just a drop in swap (in case if fits) or do I need to re program anything? 🤔
I got the flysky receiver with gyro

Last edited:
Back