Aluminum Clutch Shoes vs Teflon Clutch Shoes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBoi87

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Aluminum Clutch Shoes vs Teflon Clutch Shoes. Whats the difference between the to and will one make car preform better? :\

Alum is tougher and is used in heavier duty applications by the factory many times teflon will not grip as well but is fine in light duty applications in otherwords depends on the truck car engine etc as to whether or not u use it or Alum

I've used both in my XXL, There is very little difference in them IMO besides the fact that aluminum lasts longer. The composite ones seemed to spool up a little more before engaging but the difference was small enough I may have been imagining that part but it did seem like that was the case.

I use both and I use both for the simple reason of If the engine is high RPM teflon will start to fade much faster than aluminium shoes. In my opinion it all depends on torque and RPM use your head and you will make the correct decision.

Thanks for reading my post.

I've used both and I only use Dynamite max life shoes in all of my nitro cars now, they last and they grip. I've melted other companies aluminum clutch shoes, but not the dynamites.