Air intake pressure increase theory (NTC3)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are still limited by the throat size or diameter of your carb. Trying to compress the air to force it in at the slow speeds we are going won't have much effect. Look at it this way, you're not talking about gaining another 15 HP on a 800HP motor. Gain something, yes you probably will but just how much?

so it's not really a theory but I am running and nitro tc3 and I am Designing an airscoop directly linked to my air filter, I was wondering if anybody has tried to do so and if it worked or not, my basic principle behind it is that once I reach higher speeds Funneling air direct into my carb almost acting like a small turbo, also do i need to alter my mixture ratio?
The only way to increase the speed of air intake is to install a ventury. Basically air speeds up in narrow passages so to install a one inch tall ventury stack between the air cleaner and carb where the inner diameter is narrower than the air cleaner boot and carb throat usually a mm narrower between the carb and air cleaner boot will increase the air speed at all RPM ranges.
We used ventures with our throttle exhaust engines to speed up or slowdown the intake air.
Long narrow ID equals faster turbulence and short wider than carb throat equals slower turbulence.
Sorry I don't know how to spell ventury. Lol but that's how to speed up the intake naturally. place a alloy tube with about a mm or two narrower ID than the carb throat. I said an inch but more or less 1/4 to a inch. Depends on how narrower you go the longer you want it to supply the correct amount of air minimum.
Take a plastic straw and a tube that's a mm wider ID, same length.
Blow through the straw and feel the force.
Blow through the one mm wider ID tube with the same amount of blow, the wider won't be as force exiting.
Same applies when sucking, the narrower tube will pull in air faster. Because you just compressed the air into a smaller diameter so the air speeds up. In layman terms.

Last edited:
Thats interesting. Question though, how does using a tube for a venturi differ from using a venturi that fits into the carb throat or does it?