Ahhh...this is becoming tedious.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpitFireV12RR

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well...great news. Not really.

So I start my car up today and I'm playing around and stuff and my car takes off. No biggie, the failsafe'll take care of it. Wrong. The car takes off, the failsafe does nothing and it runs about 3/4 throttle into a concrete mailbox, right? So I get there and turn it off and all I see is a disconnected exaust stinger. No biggie, right, just a ziptie. Well, I take it in to get a further diagnoses and it turns out that the damn thing is broke all the way around. The servos wouldn't work in the first place so I open the reciever box...only to find the damn hump pack disconnected! AGGGRRRGGG!! So I look around and notice a broken throttle servo...the top cracked off. I also see the wheels lopsided and notice both top a-arms are cracked. I see the servo tray bent, but the steering servo is fine. Then I look at everything else and I see the engine's lopsided...I broke the f'n engine mounts. Then I see the front end higher than the back...I FRICKEN BENT THE CHASSIE!! Which also means BOTH driveshafts are bent.

I think I'm outta this hobby till summer. THere is no way in hell I'll have the time or money to get the puppy running till spring break, if not later. I'm starting to get frustrated with this car, but I think I'll pull through this. I'm thinking of just replacing all the stock servos with high-torque ones as the car will be apart anyhow.

So a note to remember...always duct tape the plug from the reciever to the battery!!

I'm so frustrated(Will get pics soon.),
Todd

P.S. I'm estimating damage costs to be about $100s with a better throttle servo(Most likely a Hi-Tec).

Bummer...

Todd,

So sorry to hear about the damage. What were you running a Revo or Savage? I feel really bad for you. If that happened to me I'd be screwed, because I couldn't afford the repairs either. My heart breaks for you, it really does. Maybe somebody out there will have some spare parts they can sell you cheap?? Good Luck Todd.:OMG: I would like to see pics. if it doesn't hurt too much to show??!!
:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

SpitFireV12RR said:
Well...great news. Not really.

So I start my car up today and I'm playing around and stuff and my car takes off. No biggie, the failsafe'll take care of it. Wrong. The car takes off, the failsafe does nothing and it runs about 3/4 throttle into a concrete mailbox, right? So I get there and turn it off and all I see is a disconnected exaust stinger. No biggie, right, just a ziptie. Well, I take it in to get a further diagnoses and it turns out that the damn thing is broke all the way around. The servos wouldn't work in the first place so I open the reciever box...only to find the damn hump pack disconnected! AGGGRRRGGG!! So I look around and notice a broken throttle servo...the top cracked off. I also see the wheels lopsided and notice both top a-arms are cracked. I see the servo tray bent, but the steering servo is fine. Then I look at everything else and I see the engine's lopsided...I broke the f'n engine mounts. Then I see the front end higher than the back...I FRICKEN BENT THE CHASSIE!! Which also means BOTH driveshafts are bent.

I think I'm outta this hobby till summer. THere is no way in hell I'll have the time or money to get the puppy running till spring break, if not later. I'm starting to get frustrated with this car, but I think I'll pull through this. I'm thinking of just replacing all the stock servos with high-torque ones as the car will be apart anyhow.

So a note to remember...always duct tape the plug from the reciever to the battery!!

I'm so frustrated(Will get pics soon.),
Todd

P.S. I'm estimating damage costs to be about $100s with a better throttle servo(Most likely a Hi-Tec).
TOdd,
Tally up the damage and list what is needed. You may find help here on the site. You have been pretty cool to listen then get all fired up. I have a couple traxxas servos I can give ya to help out.

Jon

Oh, yeah, the failsafe works best when it has power. It is the absence of a signal that makes it work. Some also work on low voltage, too.

I'll shop the parts for you at Rob's R/C as I get great deals there. If you list the exact parts you need to get it working, I'll check with him tomorrow. I have to go there anyhow, so least I can do is get you a price on those parts. Don't pay Tower prices and shipping. If you can straighten the chassis, you might get away with a new servo, new shafts, new a-arms and engine mount. New Hitec 645mg servo can be about 40.00, and the rest I'll check on for you. You have an LX Comp, right?

I'll give you five bucks for that thing, right now. :jk:

Seriously though, I'll see if I can find some parts that'll work for your ride. If I do, they have your name written all over them.

I'll let you know.

Okay...I'm not running a revo OR savage, I'm running an Ofna Ultra LX Comp. Anyways, heres a tally of the damage:

10701 LINKAGE SLIDERS KIT, YELLOW - 2.95
10726 STEERING LINKAGE KIT, YELLOW, JR/FU/AIR 9.95
30240 FRONT BUMPER 7.95
30360 SERVO SAVER KIT 10.95
30480 ENGINE MOUNTS WITH HARDWARE 12.25
30530 THROTTLE JOINT KIT 3.95
30800 LINKAGE, BRAKE/THROTTLE (1998) 6.95
34016 CHASSIS, HARD COATED 71.95
34020 SERVO MOUNTS, 4 PCS. 3.95
34050 CENTER SHAFT, ULTRA 2 PCS. 15.95
34061 SERVO PLATE, BLUE NEW STYLE 12.95
34026 LAYDOWN SERVO MOUNTING PARTS 7.95
+ Servos

That chassie's gonna be a doosie, I think I"ll try to bend it back for that much!

Here are my pictures:

CIMG0912.gif

CIMG0913.gif

CIMG0914.gif

CIMG0917.gif

CIMG0918.gif

CIMG0919.gif

CIMG0920.gif

I think those are the parts I need, but I"m just gonna take it into the hobby sho, have him get my parts, and then get a price total. I saw a chassie on ebay for like 1.00 so I"m gonna bid on it.

You guys are the best...I'm really glad for your help and thanks for your sympothy in my time of need.

Thanks,
Todd

Last edited:
SpitFireV12RR said:
I saw a chassie on ebay for like 1.00 so I"m gonna bid on it.

That is what I was going to mention.

If your trying to cut courners, ebay maybe the best place. I would look for good used stock parts my self. There is always someone upgrading their RC and selling off their stock parts.

Best of luck
Ray

Dang. That sucks. Thats way to clean to be all busted up already..lol.. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I'm starting to think ya need a Savage..lol.. Try breaking that!

I just bought a full set of 8 rear shocks for that buggy for $90 from ebay. I bought them in pairs, a couple pairs for $16 and a couple pairs for aroudn $27 shipped. All fully assembled off of stock buggies I think. I'm putting all 8 on my savage.

One pair at tower is $50 + more for oil! 50 X 4 sets is $200. I paid less than half and I didn't have to put them together!

eBay is your friend. Rarely do you get something for nothing, but you normally can get whatever you need for about half or less. Go to eBay before you go to the LHS. The OFNA ultra parts are all over ebay.

Last edited:
I have to say, you guys are the best bunch of guys to try and help him out. Really, that's really kind of you guys. Feel the love.
That is painful to look at. Very sad. Yep, it's time for a savage.

DAMN look at that front shaft!! lol you fubared that one really good!! yea man ebay is your friend. let us know if you can't find something. there are some grade A ebay scavangers on here!!

check hose front shocks. the left one looks bent.

Damn Spitfire. yo dont worry though. it happens. a similar thing happened to me when i got my first nitro. well now you will be able to take it completely apart now and get more familar with it.

dannyd said:
Damn Spitfire. yo dont worry though. it happens. a similar thing happened to me when i got my first nitro. well now you will be able to take it completely apart now and get more familar with it.

And spend a poop load of money...yay. :whip:

Get use to it. This hobby is one never ending money pit, and nothing is getting cheaper.

you should put a return spring on the throttle linkage of the motor. i have one there and its saved my car a couple times.

I think I have a LX comp Roller....still straight....let me dig it out saturday and I'll send pics.....we can figure out what to do after I see th econdition it's in......

Wow man! It had to have been the perfect storm of speed, trajectory and unmovable object! That sucks, man!

Another suggestion, and of course I'll see what I can do from my end, is to shoot vbgagnon a PM. I know he's a big Ofna buggy guy and may have some spares he can part with.

That is a bummer, my man, but it's part of the hobby! You'll get through it and be all the wiser as a result!

holy snot...thats some major damage.

not sure if these will work, but i have a few stock ofna hyper parts laying around if you find out they fit, shoot me a PM

dannyd said:
you should put a return spring on the throttle linkage of the motor. i have one there and its saved my car a couple times.

Its no use...I have nothing to attach it to and with the stock servo it would wear out the batteries fast. Maybe once I upgrade the Thottle Servo.

Thanks plaid, I'll be waiting for the pics,
Todd