a vicious attack escaped...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good morning to all-
So, early this morning before our predicted rain came I took my little microwarbird P-51 Mustang down to the flying field for a little test of the new three blade I put on it.
Plane flew great- very fast, very good in turns and other manuevers, when I noticed I was being attacked. A kingbird- which is one of the larger members of the flycatcher family of birds- very aggressive, very good at chasing larger birds of prey from its territory was chasing my little Mustang. This was one determined bird, it was.
so I trued some quick turns- nope, it still hung on. I tried a sharp dive- nope, the bird was still in "shoot down" position.
Then I did a quick loop with a roll, and fellers, that poor bird did not where I went- lost him completely. Got behind the bird and not very strenuously chased him a bit. The bird went home, and I felt that the little Mustang and I had done pretty well.
I do enjoy flying these little microwarbirds- lots of fun.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed