after burn oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insutama

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Do you have to use the actual after burn oil bought at LHS or will normal mulipurpose oil like wd-40 or engine ooil ?

I do not know about those, but I hear that Marvil Mystery Oil will do the trick.

Why does everyone make a big deal out of using after run oil? Its like 7 bucks... It will last forever...

I have been using a all purpose penatrating oil like wd-40 because i havent been able to make it to the LHS just wonding if this will be doing my engine any harm ?

By the way, I use ARO in my rig and nothing else. One little bottle has lasted me through 1 gallon of fuel so far and still plenty to go. It only cost $3 from my LHS.

Well tomorrow i will make the drive into town and get some i hope i havent dont my engine any harm

lol thats not saying much. They also recommend their top fuel for everything.

They only recommend WD-40 because they don't make an ARO and they surely aren't going to pimp another companies products. :hehe: Which I'm sure is what any of the manufacturers would do.

well I'm gonna go pick up some ABO asap

well I'm gonna go pick up some ABO asap

I've been using WD-40 on my motors and haven't had any issues. It's not because I don't want to spend the money on after-run oil, I just can't remember to get it when I'm at the LHS and I don't go very often (once a month maybe). I'm usually there buying some new goodies for the rig and completely forget to get it. :D

yeah same deal here last time i went there to get air filter oil and totally forgot after burn oil

The Hobbico ARO is just Marvel Mystery Oil in there own bottle, or at least it smells exactly the same and it's like $4 bucks a quart, so when I run out of the hobbico ARO thats what I will refill the bottle with, it will be like getting 16 botttles of the hobbico for about a dollar more...and I would recommend using ARO when ever you are done running for the day...