After a day and i already damaged it.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxx Trooper

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well i just got my OFNA Ultra MBX Pro yesterday which ws in almost brand new condition and i already wrecked it attempting to do back flips. i was getting 8 feet of air plus, but i couldnt get all the way around, kept landing on the lid and crap. and this one time the buggy was vertical and wham right on the rear. and I'm like wtf is wrong with it cuz the back tires wernt touching the ground. and the pic explain the rest. also the pullstart that i fixed.. the not slipepd and time for another rebuild.
normal_Buggy%20004.jpg

normal_Buggy%20005.jpg

normal_Buggy%20006.jpg

normal_Buggy%20008.jpg

My little helper.. all he wanted to do was get attention the whole time i was trying to fix it so i got nothing done
normal_Buggy%20007.jpg

is there a aluminum bulk case, cuz the screws just ripped right out of the plastic one.

later

Dude, hang out, I may have a spare bulk to send you with the other spares... DAMN, I think I'm gonna cry... lol

damm imbroken don't cry man..just get over it let it go.. you can't hang on to the past for ever..cheer up buddy

I really need to get out & break some poop... lol Where's the video camera....
Those were tears of joy man.... I'm jealous... lol

While i was puttin the buggy together tonight after fixin it, i realized that there were 2 main screws missings from the rear bulkhead where the shock tower connects and the same with the front. In the 4th pic, u will see 3 holes, top set is for the wing(they had screws), 2nd set of holes is for the shock tower where it connects to the bulkhead(no screws), and the 3rd set of holes is just to hold the diff case/ bulks together. but o well, bent stuff back, melted and dremeled, added 2 screws and I'm back up and running. also i rebuilt my pullstart again using as a handle a output yoke from a t-maxx. cuz a slice on each side, slide the rope through, put a big knot on, and a zip-tie and all set to go. let u guys know how i make out tomorrow. o yea my right rear hub is making a squeeky noise, any ideas? tomorrow I'm gona do a backflip for sure, I'm gettin the video camera out.

later

Broken parts are a good thing... that means that your using it like you should be. Sure does look aweful clean though... what's up with that.

I'm driven it in my backyard and the main road out front, i havent been able to get to any sand pits yet. maybe this week if my pullstart doesn't break again and nothin else breaks.

later

I hate it when pull starts act up... very annoying.

well just got done with another bash, big air, dirt.. check out the R/C video forum. o yea more damage broke the rear piece that holds the lower hingepin, and bent the hingepin. o yea got a vid of it, but its on VHS so have to wait and see.

later

the link to the lil bash thread https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=194730#post194730

Last edited:
Nice man... I had similar damage yesterday from jumping... Mmmm, so much fun.

lokos like you're having fun, breaking parts is all part of the fun :D

after my lil bash today, i was cleaning my buggy off and i realize that my exhaust tip is dented in the pipe. i attatched some pix. Can i continue to run like this? Will i have tuning issues?

later

hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like a small dent. if it is small, you probably won't have any problems. if the dent is bigger than what it looks like in the pics it'll probably have too high of a backpressure causing the engine to run errraticly

I wouldn't worry about that... that's actually hardly anything. You can maybe stick a screw driver in the stinger (one that fits it as close to exact as possible) and try to bend it back a little, but that's hardly anything to worry about.

Back