Actual car talk

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p0ndo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So to any of you out there who are into real cars, you think putting a 5.0 outta a mustang in a Ranger is a good Idea?

seen it done b4 its a good idea. Id rather see a 350 sb in that danger ranger my son always called his that..

Everyone I know calls mustangs crowdkillers so. But yeah. Kinda wanna make a SC truck outta a Ranger. 5.0 or a 351 if i can fit it

MOPAR OR NO CAR!! :hehe:

Composite2.jpg

Thats nice. I know someone whos putting a 427CJ in a 60-70s F-250

Thats cool ,but they are gas killers!.. :hehe:
My truck had the stock 360 with 2 barrel ,it drank the gas ,only time it was half way descent on gas
was the highway travel!

So to any of you out there who are into real cars, you think putting a 5.0 outta a mustang in a Ranger is a good Idea?

I think it's a great idea and has been done a lot. I believe you can easily buy the part to make it a plug and play easy project.

Everyone I know calls mustangs crowdkillers so. But yeah. Kinda wanna make a SC truck outta a Ranger. 5.0 or a 351 if i can fit it

It ain't the Mustangs it the morons that can't drive owning them.

The 5.0 coyote is an amazing motor. That would be pretty cool in the new ranger.

what would be really cool would be to take a 4x4 ranger with a straight front axle swap, and drop in a VT257/Maxforce5 (4.5 V6 powerstroke). It’s a VT365 (6.0 V8 powerstroke) with 2 cylinders lopped off. Injectors, pistons, connecting rods, exc are the same. So quite a few of the aftermarket performance parts will work as well. But with the V6 being an industrial application, it dosent have as much of the emissions stuff as the V8. It’s also a smaller packaged engine.

back that up with a TR6060 manual or a 6L90 transmission, NP 203 transfer case… now that would be a pretty awesome truck!

Back