A WasteLand Ghetto Rig How To #1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waste Land

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Okay well Tuesday I sent off my thorttle servo to JR to get it fixed for free. Well the temp was right and it was perfect for bashing and even RS4drifter was off untill Sunday. I borrowed his dads HiTec Servo and threw it in. Only one problem. I sent off all my screws with my servo! I'm not sure if your familiar with it, but theres a little piece of rubber material under the radio tray where the screws thread into. I sent those off aswell so I had to find a replacement, and I did.

A Servo Arm.....
49293524.jpg

We simple cut it up and made indivual pieces for the screws to thread into. Once the screws threaded they were locked good and tight, actually better than before.

49293538.jpg

This has been a Waste Land's Ghetto Rig How-To.

Hope this helps someone.

Hey man that's a good idea, I never thought about that.
If you wanted to make it even beefier you could use some locknuts on it too.

Originally posted by GilBeQuick
Hey man that's a good idea, I never thought about that.
If you wanted to make it even beefier you could use some locknuts on it too.
Nah that would be too hightech. If you wanna go about it that way, use super glue, the whole point here is that it's a Ghetto Rig, lock nuts are just too high society for me!, lol

Or you could have just clamped the servo down with a pair of Vise-Grips. That way you would have saved all of the hassle of having to cut your servo horn into pieces.

Originally posted by GilBeQuick
Or you could have just clamped the servo down with a pair of Vise-Grips. That way you would have saved all of the hassle of having to cut your servo horn into pieces.
Now that's what I'mt alkign about, like those guys with vise grips on the seat bar to keept he seat from sliding down instead of just buying a seat clamp, lol. I love the ghettoness

Then you'd LOVE my neighborhood. Hey wait a minute, I think there's a crack deal going on in my front yard right now.....

i think this one could even be topped by the use of ductape and foam... trust me, I've done it.

Originally posted by bashmaster
i think this one could even be topped by the use of ductape and foam... trust me, I've done it.
I just duck taped my muffler to my header on ym on road car with ducttape for the movie i just now shot, serioussly, dont make me break out the video, lol.

The ghetto, talking bout the ghettoooo. Nice thinking waste. Now all you have to do is get a paten for it.

Originally posted by El Pirata
That's a MacGuyver if I ever saw one.
I love that guy! We need a bomb! Give me a ceral box, 3 paperclips and a fuel filter.

Back