A Noob with LST2 problems....HELP?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bktoronto

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello all I was directed here after my brief intro, thanks Charles... OK my dilemma is that my LST will not drop into gear when cold it just sits and revs but will not move then starts to occasionally drop into gear dropping back out after only few seconds then will start to grab more but this is very annoying and is every time I start the thing I have had it for less than a week and am going crazy also the spin/electric start seems to "slip" or not rotate the motor sometimes I have to remove plug and use a cleaner down carb throat and in cylinder turning over motor to get starter to catch again? I am going to tear this truck down soon but until then any suggestions being brand new thought I would just get some play time before having to work on it...lol.

Sincerely,
Blaine

Last edited:
what the spin problem is its the one way bearing or as we call it owb due to running so rich during breakin it has got oiled up.just pull it out and clean the bearing and shaft with denatured alcohol and that problem will be fixed.and like charles said let it get to temp then tune it and check the slipper

Nitrogator I can't thank you enough, thanks will try that where is the owb? I will be googling it right now but maybe you could tell me too... Also it flipped last night pulled a crazy wheelie not used to the speed...lol. First time on it's roof and go figure my antenna got torn I have seen a few sites saying to use piano wire instead of plain antenna wire any suggestions?

the owb is behind the pull start or roto start.also make sure you keep the exact lenght of antenna wire at least i have heard it can mess stuff up with your reception , i have not heard of piano wire.maybe someone can help with your antenna question i am not sure on that one

Nitro thanks I will try that tonight when I get home and will keep trying on that antenna problem, thanks to anyone for help take care and hope to hear from more of you. Just a week into ownership and having a riot so far put two gallons of nitro through it already time for a teardown and inspect all gears, trans etc.... I think.

Yes Olds I'm dedicated...lol. Just ran two more quarts last night gonna tear it down this weekend to see how she ticks I think I should have torn down earlier I think I have some minor I hope minor problems. Thanks to all that reply...