60 mph Savage Speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamMachine

RCTalk Talkaholic
Active Military
Reaction score
I've been working very hard to capture the record for worlds fastest nitro savage. Now I understand that most will think this is dumb, thats fine with me, you know whatever floats your boat. For the rest heres a taste at what I'm lookin at right now.

The motor is a Picco 28 modded by Robin at ERCM and the pipe is an ERCM endbleed ( the lightest ever made:D) The truck is a Savage X that actually uses 2 right side Flux tvps to create a CG of chassis. The tranny is full of titanium and yes its a BP 3spd. My wheels are stock right out of the box HPI phaltlines. I also use Flux XS shocks lol. The truck as a whole ready to rock weighs 9.8lbs. I have lots more left to go but here a taste of whats to come. The motor only has 1 gallon thru it and it not finished being broke in. Just wait, cause I can't;)I will crush 65

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNPhXWaAgoM"]60.9 mph HPI Savage Speed ERCM Powered - YouTube[/ame]

Are you LLcoolskillet? That looks exactly like the background in his previous speed runs with his savvy but the truck looks different.

I may know this LLkoolskillet guy, and his savage:beer:

Anybody know of a spur smaller than 43t or a cb bigger than 20t, mod 1 of course that will work with the savage?

Losi makes a 40T that you could adapt to the Savage. If you make the adapter right you can still have a slipper but making it without would be easier.

What about a revo spur

The Revo spur does go all the way down to a 34 tooth but the issue would be how to make it work since it is a totally different set up than the Savage. I am pretty sure you can make 65. My Savage nitro was clocked at 56.4.... that was plenty fast enough for me. I need no faster than that. I was also running a ERCM modded engine and pipe. Robin does some magic for sure.

Robin does do amazing work, I agree!

Any ideas on how to mount the Revo gear?

I was wondering if the third generation slipper and spur would fit. I a pretty sure the top input shaft on the Savage is bigger than the Revo. But the peg might be made to line up...the smallest I can find for a Savage is the 43 tooth for the Flux....
rrpc7738.jpg

Last edited:
Call robinson racing and tell them what you are trying to do and they might be able to make something for you. It would probably be pretty pricey but it may be an option.

Anybody tried to mount the 39t second gear from the 2spd as a spur gear?

Robinson racing makes good stuff but I would have to agree that it would be pricey to have a custom gear made, it could be worth it tho

---------- Post added at 9:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:49 AM ----------

579.jpg

580.jpg

581.jpg

582.jpg

570.jpg

I was looking at the same gear you were or even the 38 tooth from the three speed.

HPI77073.jpg

How would you mount that? I dont see enough meat there to secure it to something

Got me some new shoes today

585.jpg

The motor is a picco with a F4.6 head

591.jpg

Skillet, why not delete the slipper and run a standard mod 1 pinion on the tranny slipper shaft? I do it all the time for speed runs and it opens up a lot of options for gearing.

18T bell and 27T spur/pinion gear :)
DSC00354.gif

Last edited:
You just blew my mind:whhooo:

I have mounted a 36t revo spur but have yet to test

594.jpg

596.jpg