60 mph Savage Speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been working very hard to capture the record for worlds fastest nitro savage. Now I understand that most will think this is dumb, thats fine with me, you know whatever floats your boat. For the rest heres a taste at what I'm lookin at right now.

The motor is a Picco 28 modded by Robin at ERCM and the pipe is an ERCM endbleed ( the lightest ever made:D) The truck is a Savage X that actually uses 2 right side Flux tvps to create a CG of chassis. The tranny is full of titanium and yes its a BP 3spd. My wheels are stock right out of the box HPI phaltlines. I also use Flux XS shocks lol. The truck as a whole ready to rock weighs 9.8lbs. I have lots more left to go but here a taste of whats to come. The motor only has 1 gallon thru it and it not finished being broke in. Just wait, cause I can't;)I will crush 65

60.9 mph HPI Savage Speed ERCM Powered - YouTube
How's it goin dream machine :hi: just signed up to this one..

What's up dude, well I put the tallest gearing ever on a savage and it was a bit to tall lol. So I backed off and put another spur on. Tomorrow I'm Hoping to make a pass. I also got another Garmin GPS to try out. Readjusted the front wheels so the camber is at 0deg to prevent the wear on the inside like before. Hopefully it all goes well and we have another new number to look at

What was the to tall gearing? That 38 spur.. I've got a couple radar's, like to try the garmin tho not sure where to pick one up.. Good luck on the passes ,put up a vid...

I was running 20/36 with cen diffs and it was mono toning the motor. My truck still weighs 10lbs.

There are lots of Garmin forerunner 101,201, and 301 GPS's on eBay. I just got a 201 with charger for $55 shipped. I've also found that the radar gun is is anywhere from 1.5-0.5mph faster than the GPS. However to be the most acurate you have to drive the truck as close and as straight as possible to the radar gun. You will also get the most acurate readings when the gun is stationary and not being held. I've ran both at the same time to check the accuracy of them together.

the 36 was that modified revo gear?? I'm gonna check those garmin's out thanks..

The gear wasn't modded just the savage spur backplate, but yes I mounted the revo spur to the savage slipper backplate. The 40t revo spur today runs sweet, but now the header needs to be shortened.

what kind of speeds are u seeing now?? last vid i seen was just over 60MPH..

When venturing into uncharted territory such as with the nitro savage at these speeds there's a bunch of hurtles. I found out a few more here recently. Today I broke the grub screw in half on the 3rd gear clutch pawl. So it locked the tranny in 3rd. Fixed that issue then I went to go make another pull and I broke the right rear dogbone lol. This picco has lots of gutz. Then when I got that fixed and the motor nice and tuned. The header is to long for the upper most part of the rpm band. So I need to cut it shorter, then retry. Today with all the issues I managed 59.4mph. Not bad for a truck that acts like it has a restriction plate on it lol. Ill go faster when I fix the header.

What diffs are you running? The stock x has a 3.31:1 ratio but if you upgrade to the HPI bullet proofs you get 3.22:1. Even better if you use some CEN diffs,they are 2.89:1

I'm running a hybrid diff, CEN 26t ring gear mounted on the Hellfire diff

60.2mph today with an epic crash, nothing broke:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpBpbeMGulg"]60mph crash with the Savage Speed - YouTube[/ame]

This video I made the spur gear explode:p:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFI9I1GCjZg"]ERCM powered Savage makin a spur gear explode - YouTube[/ame]

Nice!! :D I still can't get over how much different that new pipe sounds over the standard endbleeds. The shift points sound so wicked. :)

Whats different about this endbleed from a standard one?

Do they make a all metal gear tranny for the savage x f4.6? I'm a basher and run the truck fairly hard, just want to upgrade to make tougher in the right areas.

Whoa airborne !! You have a new head for the motor it took a hit... Crazy flip!!

Whats different about this endbleed from a standard one?

The standard endbleed is the 221T, I am running the 221D with an angled stinger. I own the lightest endbleed in the world:D
446.jpg

Do they make a all metal gear tranny for the savage x f4.6? I'm a basher and run the truck fairly hard, just want to upgrade to make tougher in the right areas.

They do not make one but you can make one, its very very simple to do.
Here is a thread on how to make the BP 3spd. At the bottom of it is another thread with more detail.
http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=86582

---------- Post added at 9:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:19 PM ----------

I do have some spare cooling heads I could cut down, but this ones a battle scar

The new setup, weighs 9.4lbs with full tank, body, and gps. Lets hope she doesn't take flight again

641_zpse256dd9d.jpg

643_zps07f533c1.jpg

644_zps40438d53.jpg

645_zps80893455.jpg

646_zpsc3ebd6ad.jpg

647_zps0ee4e2e9.jpg

648_zps63bf7fd3.jpg

649_zpsb8ddfd4d.jpg

652_zps3ea75806.jpg

653_zps11461da9.jpg

654_zpsdf5a66b7.jpg

655_zpsf86cdbdd.jpg

656_zpsf3227da9.jpg

---------- Post added at 9:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:24 PM ----------

Epic ERCM power right here

657_zps15b683b4.jpg

658_zps8b38c582.jpg

659_zps987141e4.jpg

^^He is trying to save weight where ever possible.

Last edited: