4 RCNT Racers - 5 Ribbons.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
SweetDiesel, Robmob, Elliot (Robs Son), and I went racing today for the season on-road opener here in Nor.CA.

It was sunny hot in the low 80s all day long.
Elliot took 3rd in mixed novice with a Rustler. He was BY FAR the youngest racer at the track and it was his first ever race. Rob had to get a box for him to stand on so he could see the track over the railing of the drivers stand. He finished all 2 heats and the main!! We have a star in the making.

Rob took 3rd in the Monster Truck class with his STR. Did great in the two heats and LIMPED from 1st place to a 3rd place finish. He gave a new meaning to positive camber on the last 4-5 laps.

SweetDiesel took 1st in the 18th scale truck class with his Vendetta. Lead the entire race. He was smooth as silk. He also ran Mod sedan with his TC3 It was his first time racing an on-road car and did great in the 2 heats and i dont remember why (I was busy racing) but he DNFd the main.

I took 2nd in the Mod sedan with my TC4 and 1st in the brushless 18th Truck with my 18T.

RCNT showed well all day :D

Great showing! Now for the obvious ??? where the heck are the pics!!!!!???!!!!

But really, great SHOWING GUYS, MAKES ME MISS RACING EVEN MORE.

(stupid caps lock)

Sounds like a great time was had by all, good show. Way to go Elliot!

NICE......I especially like the story of Robs son....that is what it is all about.

Great Job Men (that means you too Elliot) !!!!

Sounds like an awsome day of racing. Congrats guys.

The day moved fast so I didnt get to take a lot of photos. I dont feel comfortable posting other forum members families photos on the forum. I have some great shots of Elliot standing on his box to see over the driver stand railing while he was racing.

Congrats to you guys! Awesome fun you guys must have had. Glad to hear the youngins participating. Great job guys.

I had a great time racing with you guys. I was very impressed with Elliot's driving skills. I know he made his Dad very proud with his podium finish.

Thank you Ed and Rob for the parts support. I know now what I need to bring to race, and will be stocking up on spares for the next outing. I need to dial out the drag brake on the TC3, and I should do better next time with a new ballcup for the steering linkage. If I can manage to stay off the boards I might even be able to finish the main. lol

It was a great day.

Elliot is as proud as can be that he got a ribbon. He can't wait for the next race.

ST-R suffered a broken front a-arm which resulted in some major positive and negative camber depending on which way I was turning. One of the wheel hubs is shredded as well. Track is small and is not for Truggies and Monster Trucks. The mini's and touring cars are what the track is really there for. They are a blast to watch and it has inspired me to finish the build of my brushless 18T.

Thanks to SD for making the trip up for a day of racing. Hope you can make it up for a few more.

Don't know why I am just seeing this... but way to go RCNT! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Tom

Back