3s lipo charging

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdMiller86

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hey all I purchased an axial Ryft that is being delivered today. I'm heading to the local hobby shop today to buy the 3s lipo battery for it. I'm also leaving town for work for roughly a week and half and want to take it out this evening with my son and his crawler to spend some quality time together before I leave. How long does it take for that battery to charge? Thanks for the help

Find an article or video explainin Lipo RC batteries.

Depends on what charger you have and how many amps you are charging at.

On my 2s 5200 batteries, if I charge at 1C (5.2A) it will take about 30 minutes. If I charge at 10amps (which I normally do) it would take about 10 or 15 minutes. (With my charger: SkyRC T200)

Depends on what charger you have and how many amps you are charging at.

On my 2s 5200 batteries, if I charge at 1C (5.2A) it will take about 30 minutes. If I charge at 10amps (which I normally do) it would take about 10 or 15 minutes. (With my charger: SkyRC T200)

That kind of implies you're only getting half the potential capacity out of your batteries, may I ask if that's a deliberate choice to extend their life? Like, only draining them to 3.6V, or only charging them to 4.1V?

Lipos are pretty good about delivering most of their capacity in mAh even under intense load, one of their biggest advantages over other chemistries which might only deliver half their potential capacity when rapidly drained.

Thanks everyone. I was hoping it wouldn’t take too long, I know our NiCd batteries take forever to charge. So it looks like we should be able to go out and play around today if the rain holds off