3D printed parts - What you reckon?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMoody

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all,

Just a bit of a topic starter really! Does anyone use 3D printed parts? If so, what have you replaced?

I own a DIY 3D printer and see some blueprints out there for the parts so was going to give it a go!

Kyle

A couple of guys over at the Arrma forum do

Awesome, I've just printed myself out a new spur gear so going to give it a go and see how durable it is!
Just thought it would be worth it as I have the kit to do it!

Being able to print these parts is a joy-gasm, I will be watching this thread. I'll have Tony Stark's lab, as I am dedicating an entire room in my house to RC.

Being able to print these parts is a joy-gasm, I will be watching this thread. I'll have Tony Stark's lab, as I am dedicating an entire room in my house to RC.
I would need to get rid of a kid or two first but I think my wife wouldn't let me if that happened anyway and would keep me relegated to the shed....which I don't mind, everyone leaves me alone while I'm in there

I've actually bought the files to print an entire Cessna 172 (minus electronics). Still working on getting my printer dialed in.
What's the size of the Cessna? Are you talking frame and spars minus the covering? Just parts to assemble or the complete frame?

WOW, that is absolutely amazing!
I've seen the Flite Test review of both their Spitfire and P-38 Lightning. Both are supposed to be great flying planes.

Here's the P-38:

Here's the Spitfire:

One of the test prints that 3d Lab Prints offers for free is a section of the Spitfires wing, @Rolex.