3D printed parts - What you reckon?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

MrMoody

RC Newbie
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Hi all,

Just a bit of a topic starter really! Does anyone use 3D printed parts? If so, what have you replaced?

I own a DIY 3D printer and see some blueprints out there for the parts so was going to give it a go!

Kyle

MrMoody

RC Newbie
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Awesome, I've just printed myself out a new spur gear so going to give it a go and see how durable it is!
Just thought it would be worth it as I have the kit to do it!

Heisenburg

RCNT Talkaholic
RC Driving Style
Racing
Being able to print these parts is a joy-gasm, I will be watching this thread. I'll have Tony Stark's lab, as I am dedicating an entire room in my house to RC.

Lazy Bushman

RCNT Qualifier
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Being able to print these parts is a joy-gasm, I will be watching this thread. I'll have Tony Stark's lab, as I am dedicating an entire room in my house to RC.
I would need to get rid of a kid or two first but I think my wife wouldn't let me if that happened anyway and would keep me relegated to the shed....which I don't mind, everyone leaves me alone while I'm in there

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
Staff member
Supporter
Military Veteran
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Flying
I've actually bought the files to print an entire Cessna 172 (minus electronics). Still working on getting my printer dialed in.
What's the size of the Cessna? Are you talking frame and spars minus the covering? Just parts to assemble or the complete frame?

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
RC Driving Style
Bashing