3.3/2.5R axles on a Pro .15

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwx

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I want to put a RPM tru-trac kit and a-arms on my older maxx, but I was told that I'd have to use 3.3 axles and front turnbuckles/knuckles in order to do this. Is that true? I don't mind either way, I'm just going to start slowly collecting parts to make this happen, so I want to make sure that I collect the right parts.

Will the 3.3 axles fit the .15's diffs?

The 3.3 shafts will fit the diffs fine. You will need the 4908 carriers and turnbuckles to complete the swap.

Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing the 3.3 a-arms will also also need to be used up front?

The 2.5, 2.5r and 3.3 have the same width a-arms. But since you have the original setup, yes, you will need them. Go rpm. You'll never have to worry about them again.

Sounds good to me. I've heard bad things about the RPM knuckles/carriers, what's this forums take on them?

Actually, they don't get brought up very often. My buddy has used them with good results, but had one fairly big problem. He's a bling guy, and he found some shocks in Hong Kong he liked. They were 8-12mm longer than the stockers. With the shocks mounted in the highest position, the pillow balls popped out like the carriers were defective. I'm not sure if this would be a fair thing to hold against them. He never had a single problem while using the stock shocks or the new ones in lower positions.

That's the problem I've heard about them as well. I'll probably just stick with the stockers when I upgrade. They're much cheaper it seems.

Will 4907 or the 16.8 Emaxx stuff work for me as well? It looks the same on Ebay, but I'm not familiar enough with these to say for sure.

Back