2wire won't power up my FlySky receiver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it's an RS4. i think the receiver is just junk even though it's brand new. It won't even work at all anymore.

Yes it does. The receiver is extremely buggy, the twitching is back, and refuses to run the steering. I simply put the power and throttle without the steering and all of a sudden throttle doesn't operate. I believe this receiver is no good.
I am about to upload a video showing the problem. Note the twitching once the steering servo is connected and lack of function. I have tried rotating the connector of course.
Here is a video of my issue:

Last edited:
First thing I would do is try a new receiver. If that works then you are correct, bad RX. If that doesn't work then Id start testing with known good servos.

Quick question but have you checked to make sure your batteries have a good charge on them?

From that chart Graywolf put up, it seems as though none of those JST connectors, with the exception of the 10 amp one, would be able to power a high voltage servo where some high voltage servos require more than 5 amps.

I know its off topic but maybe not. Food for thought.

What are you suggesting then because my adapters arrived and even after putting that on, still nothing from the steering. Do I need a different switch? Because I do see the wire gauge is bigger on the adapter. Servo is a Spektrum S614. I can't pull up information on their website anymore which is odd.

What are you suggesting then because my adapters arrived and even after putting that on, still nothing from the steering. Do I need a different switch? Because I do see the wire gauge is bigger on the adapter. Servo is a Spektrum S614. I can't pull up information on their website anymore which is odd.
None of that should be an issue here in this case. Servos genrally only hit spikes of 4+ Amps when under heavy loads.

Receiver just came in and I tried it out. I am having the same problem. The throttle works great. As soon as I connect the steering to a channel, the throttle twitches like mad and there is no steering function. That servo was brand new.
At least I have another car this receiver can go to.

Only problem with that is I had to clear the back of it because of driveline interference! The driveshaft drive cup was rubbing hard on the back plate of the servo.
I actually had a brand new unused servo I simply connected and what do you know it works just fine. I don't want to have to do the same thing to this one so what would you recommend for something shorter?

Well, you can look up the specs on your current servo and see if you can find one thats a couple of mm shorter than the one you were trying to use or you can buy a low profile servo like THIS Savox one.

Update: I have the new servo and I re-binded the car. The throttle functions backwards and both servos twitch like mad. I corrected that but they still twitch pretty badly.

Last edited:
Update: I have the new servo and I re-binded the car. The throttle functions backwards and both servos twitch like mad. I corrected that but they still twitch pretty badly.
This video shows you how to deal with servo twitching.

Back