2nd Covid Shot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone has a different situation, and their own reasoning for, or against. Either way, I respect everyone's decision. You have to do what you think is right, for your own personal circumstances.

I couldn't agree more. But under no circumstances should anyone be forced, coerced, harassed, shamed, fired, or bullied in to taking it. We should all be able to decide what is best for our own personal situation.

Looks like we both got our second shot around the same time. My arm was a little sore but that's about it. I had multiple reasons for getting it and not wanting to get it, which mostly was the same reason haha. I figured it couldn't be worse than all the poop the army shot me up with but I was also worried maybe the vaccine would react to something they gave me too.

My work is definitely pushing for the vaccine but not required. Plus a little over a month ago my supervisor died from covid, he was a bit over weight but still active. Everyone has their reasons for it and against it. I don't think think there should be any vaccine passports or anything of the sort. At the end of the day, I'm a supporter of freedom as long as what you're doing doesn't infringe on mine, which not getting covid isn't one of them.

I think everyone needs to stop being so high strung on what side to be on.

After blustering the other day about not being forced to get the shot (I was going to find another job) My wife found out she was also going to be forced to get it because her company is also federally contracted. I know mine is as I work on an Air Force Base but we had no idea her company was, as what she does has nothing to do with the government but apparently the company as a whole has contracts with the government somewhere, somehow. My wife became very concerned about both of us ending up out of work at the same time which would be completely detrimental to our livelihood. So after talking with her at great length she wanted to get the shot and I ended up deciding to get it too because I didnt want my wife to bear the burden of an untried and untested vaccine alone. She was fine with her alone getting it but I love my wife too much to let her do it by herself so I went yesterday and got the J&J shot. That being said I'm extremely pissed off that my wife and I have had our constitutional rights trampled on to the point of being threaten with the loss of everything we have worked so hard for if we didnt comply with a government that would sell you to China if they thought they could get enough money for you. The America I knew and loved growing up is gone and the constitution is about one step away from being meaningless at this point.

Last edited:
After blustering the other day about not being forced to get the shot (I was going to find another job) My wife found out she was also going to be forced to get it because her company is also federally contracted. I know mine is as I work on an Air Force Base but we had no idea her company was, as what she does has nothing to do with the government but apparently the company as a whole has contracts with the government somewhere, somehow. My wife became very concerned about both of us ending up out of work at the same time which would be completely detrimental to our livelihood. So after talking with her at great length she wanted to get the shot and I ended up deciding to get it too because I didnt want my wife to bear the burden of an untried and untested vaccine alone. She was fine with her alone getting it but I love my wofe too much to let her do it by herself so I went yesterday and got the J&J shot. That being said I'm extremely pissed off that my wife and I have had our constitutional rights trampled on to the point of being threaten with the loss of everything we have worked so hard for if we didnt comply with a government that would sell you to China if they thought they could get enough money for you. The America I knew and loved growing up is gone and the constitution is about one step away from being meaningless at this point.
I think a lot more people would be getting the vaccine if it wasn't being forced upon them and being turned into a political thing. I do my best to avoid anything with a political agenda, because there's typically no actual truth to it. But the main reason I believe people are so skeptical about it is, is the gross mishandling of the whole covid thing by our government and others around the world. The whole situation is bothersome and really made me realize we're on a path to some of these dystopian futures that many movies depict.

Back