.21 race motor????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxfreek

Hardcore RCTalk User
Firefighter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Anyone have any advice on what to buy? Everyone at the track runs the werks b6 Pro, but if i can buy a comparable one for les that the cost of the works(300.00) i would probably go that route. I'm just not up on all the race motors, any nitro buggy racers help me out?

I ran a RB Blast V11 with good results this summer, picked it up for 250 bucks with pipe and it held up well to abuse on a 95 degree weather. I'm not a pro or even close but I must say I am impressed with how it held a tune, kinda thirsty on the other hand, but that could be my driving/tune to blame.

Keep in mind that you get what you pay for.

I am using Picco .21 Psix on my buggy more on low end power and its good for our tight race track and I really love the power. Actually I had to change the CB to 15T not to go for top speed but to lower the torque, to minimized wheel spin on acceleration. And I also used Axe Rossi 21 mamba on my truggy and it has a complete package. Actually Axe Rossi mamba can compete with other expensive 21 nitro engine.

i found a werks b6 for 100 bux with less than a gallon on it, ill try that, if i hang aroung the nitro buggy racing then ill move up to the pro, the only difference in the 2 is ceramic bearings that give you a little more rpm.

@TMAXX the ceramic bearings increase the rpms

Last edited by a moderator:
the only difference in the 2 is ceramic bearings that give you a little more rpm.

thats what i said in the post, that the only difference in the 2 motors.

The only major reason I thought for running .21 was a race rule, and I thought that .21s saved on fuel consumption. the longer you can stay out racing and not in the pit fueling up the better?

it is a race rule, the werks are pretty fuel efficient.......depending on your tune of course.