2 speed setting?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMaxx361

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
does anyone know what the factory settting is for the adjustment screw on the clutch is? Ever since i picked up the 3.3 transmission i could never get the truck to shift properly, sometimes it would shift sometimes not and since i just had to pick up a couple new gears i would like to bring it back to the original setting so i can adjust from there.

Traxxas doesn't have a set setting for the 2 speed, you set according to the track your running on or when you want it to shift, if your shifting some of the time you should check your tune, if your to rich it will not shift. Or if you have it set to shift very early your eng may just bypass the shift and go right to 2nd gear depending on the rpms at the time.

Approx 6 turns out from snug with the grey transmission and 6.5 turns out with the black transmission.
If it doesn’t shift at those settings your tune is off and/or slipper too loose or an internal shift clutch problem.
Once it shifts, small turns of the screw is all that’s needed to fine tune.

Thanks guys! I knew the tune was spot on when the when the two small posts inside the 2nd speed gear sheered off and took out 3 out of the 5 gears in the trans with them but before I took it apart and relized what had happened I had moved the screw quite a few times both ways so it could have been anywhere! Snook thank you because 6 1/4 was the sweet spot! Shifts perfect every time!