2 Speed conversion for the Thunder tiger eb4 s2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garry Clarke

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys

Any help on this would be great,plus a list of parts and where to source them all from would be good too...

Many thanks

Garry

You'll have to research a bit but my understanding is the Ofna buggy 2 speed center diff will work or the Thunder Tiger ST-1 2 speed conversion will work.
I bought the Ofna gears for my S2 but I haven't tried installing them yet,

Thanks for the reply and have been doing some research and a guy has done the conversion using a Kyosho inferno gt2 2 speed conversion,he had a lot of troubles fitting it and it's just far to much work for me so I'm going to play with the spur gear/cb ratio

Garry

There was a great wire up on midmad.com. Site doesn't work anymore. Info on TT stuff is hard to find.

If I remember right they used ofna monster pirate 2 spd parts. I'm not sure where you get that stuff anymore..

I didn't do the conversion because I would have to stay with the gears with no diff action.

I have a TTR ST-1 and I thought about putting the optional 2spd. in it. The problem is the matching clutchbell is impossible to find although I did find a Kyosho that's very close. The other drawback is the center gears are $100.00, clutchbell is $20.00, I don't know if its all worth it. If I do, the upgrade I'll test fit it in my EB4 first and post the results.

If I remember correctly the ratios of the two speed were really close. Another reason I didn't go that route.