2.4 RC Transmitter / Receiver Noob Q

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccanuck

RC Newbie
Reaction score
First, I apologize for my noob question and I appreciate anyone who can assist me.

I'm a bit of a hack tinkerer and decided to re-purpose a cheap 2.4G, 1:40, 4CH "stunt" car from Taiyo.
The car is 4CH but doesn't have a steering axle. So when you press RIGHT or LEFT the car just spins on the spot.
If you press R or L while you're pressing UP, the car jerks to either side and or just starts spinning on the spot.

I opened it up and found 2 small motors, small rechargeable battery and of course the receiver board with connections that read L/R and F/B (I assume LEFT, RIGHT, FRONT, BACK).

I figured this should be simple, L/R is for steering and would get activated when I press LEFT or RIGHT on the stick. And same would apply for F/B when I press UP or DOWN.
This is where the madness started.

Here are the button combos and what they do with Motor A on F/B and Motor B on R/L

UP = Motor A (ON), Motor B (ON)
UP + LEFT = Motor A (ON), Motor B (OFF)
UP + RIGHT = Motor A (OFF), Motor B (ON)

I removed both motors and started playing around with it by moving the wires around in different combinations to achieve a typical RC car setup where all directions work independently from one another as well as together.

I found that I can get both motors working independently when I attach a motor to F+L and one to R+B but they don't work well together.
Pressing UP works but then pressing RIGHT at the same time stops the F/B motor and starts the R/L motor.

I'm probably over complicating my situation, but has anyone dealt with this type of configuration and is it possible to reconfigure it so I can place it into a regular RC chassis with proper steering?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 91gHj5bO-YL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    91gHj5bO-YL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 20201230_091853.jpg
    20201230_091853.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20201230_095312.jpg
    20201230_095312.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 68
I once throttled a stampede with the steering wheel, and steered with the throttle control. I had channels 1 and 2 mixed up. Hilarious.

I once throttled a stampede with the steering wheel, and steered with the throttle control. I had channels 1 and 2 mixed up. Hilarious.
Haha, that must have been interesting!

I wish it was that easy to switch wires around, but by default steering shouldn't activate the throttle and throttle shouldn't activate steering. I'm wondering if the board(s) itself was created like this for this specific "stunt" car.

more fhan likely this was taken from a tank like rc then used on this stunt rc...might not be a way to get what you wanta repurpose it for to work correctly..

Back