1st time on track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbones

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So, last evening was my first time running on a track designed for outside racing of trucks/ buggies/etc. It was full of turns and jumps. It was real dry, dusty, and rough. It didn't take long to realize that my beautiful Revo probably wasn't going home in the same condition as it came. Many jumps resulted with it going end over end. My wheelie bar came up missing and I had to go find it. I ran over every barrier out there cause I'm not good at staying in the lane. I ran into the fence, the pit stand, and my son who was taking a video of jumping. Finally broke a shock and I figured it was time to stop. It trashed the body and when we were done my son picked up a part on the track and it was the cover to my battery box on the truck. Good grief!!! I assume that I'm not the first one to experience this kind of stuff on the first time out?

So, last evening was my first time running on a track designed for outside racing of trucks/ buggies/etc. It was full of turns and jumps. It was real dry, dusty, and rough. It didn't take long to realize that my beautiful Revo probably wasn't going home in the same condition as it came. Many jumps resulted with it going end over end. My wheelie bar came up missing and I had to go find it. I ran over every barrier out there cause I'm not good at staying in the lane. I ran into the fence, the pit stand, and my son who was taking a video of jumping. Finally broke a shock and I figured it was time to stop. It trashed the body and when we were done my son picked up a part on the track and it was the cover to my battery box on the truck. Good grief!!! I assume that I'm not the first one to experience this kind of stuff on the first time out?

Thats still pretty much what I do every time I go to the track....I would suck at racing lol....but driving around a track is alot of fun even if you suck once you get over being embarrassed and you start not caring anymore lol. As for the body getting trashed I use plain old stock bodies when I run and leave my nice ones at home or in the trunk of the car. :)

Wheelie bar has no place on a track. If you land a jump with the nose up you will smack the bar which will most likely cause a crash.

Wheelie bar has no place on a track. If you land a jump with the nose up you will smack the bar which will most likely cause a crash.

I didn't think about that because I'm sure that happened. Thank you. I also was not running my good body. I knew to leave that one at home.

If you didn't break anything you didn't have enough fun!!

i did the same thing my first trip to the track, it looked so easy till i got on the track...LOL it was a learning experience for sure! and i was the only truck there, i could not even imagine trying to race against others !!! really gives you an understanding of how much talent rc racers have, to do what they do !

i have to drive 2 hours to get to this one !

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdBPZC5JU0o&feature=plcp"]T maxx at the RC Track - YouTube[/ame]

Oh how I wish there were some sweet dirt tracks in maryland!!!

there was one in pasadena a couple of years ago but they built a houseing development right behind it and some rich a---------- started complaining and the county closed it .
They where going to build another one in glenburnie but I don't think it happened. where in Maryland are you located ?

I just remembered ther was one in fredrick maryland and i think it is still there . They have indoor and out side tracks. It may be at the hobby town in fredrick.

Last edited:
there was one in pasadena a couple of years ago but they built a houseing development right behind it and some rich a---------- started complaining and the county closed it .
They where going to build another one in glenburnie but I don't think it happened. where in Maryland are you located ?

I just remembered ther was one in fredrick maryland and i think it is still there . They have indoor and out side tracks. It may be at the hobby town in fredrick.

Can you say anal orifice? I still haven't found a track for my Baja. 1/5th scale tracks are hard to come by.

I can't find any tracks near Charlotte nc

Will26
The one in fredrick MD closed due to a flood last year.It was at a place called full throtle

try this place website says indoor and outdoor dirt track

Middle River Hobbies & Raceway
164 Carroll Island Rd
Middle River, MD 21220
(410) 335-0707

http://www.middleriverhobbies.com/

Last edited:

Yes there was one in middle river that closed before I was into rc. I'm in bel air.

still running website say getting ready for 2012

it is in parkton md so should not be to bad for you , to far from me I live clear over on the eastern shore . Hope this helps. to hot to do anything else right now except soake up the ac ...
it's at 100 deg right now here in caroline county

It looks like you have to be a member $50
http://www.nuclear-rc.com/index.html

Last edited:
Over here in the UK we have about 10 tracks in total :p

I have to drive about 50 minutes to get to the track I go to....there is one closer but its 10 bucks per visit. The one I go to is 60 bucks a year and its open 24/7 except when they hold races which is every friday night and every other saturday.

Running within confines is not an easy thing to do if you're used to just running your rigs wherever you feel. My local carpet track is 50 minutes away. There is an offroad track about 45 minutes south and it's in a public park so its game on for laps when the club is not running their program. I want to take my buggy out there sometime when I'm free.

Back