1. Hi wanna ask may i know a simple list of these thing that i need. In term of spec. I'm at lost, there’s too much

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyyqueen

RC Newbie
Reaction score
What spec for grease,

What spec for shock oil,

What spec for loctite (or do i need one?)

What else maintenance stuff i need for my arrma senton 3s that you guys recommend to have.

What spec for grease,

What spec for shock oil,

What spec for loctite (or do i need one?)

What else maintenance stuff i need for my arrma senton 3s that you guys recommend to have.
Although I don't own one, what kind of driving do you do and on what surfaces? What are you trying to change or accomplish?

I don't have anything arrma, but for grease, I use protek premier white and blue, red and tacky grease (or Lucas oil, Mobil 1 synthetic grease) and associated green slime.

For oils, there are different brands and some brands have a different cst to weight conversion if you wanna call it that. I use all AE Factory Team shock and diff oils. For different weight oils, lower weight is thinner the oil, higher the weight, thicker the oil. Same case for diff oils, or other oils labeled in cat and not weight.

For loctite or threadlocker, always use BLUE which is semi permanent. Never use red as red is permanent. I like the liquid versions the best. I also used the glue stick kind and it doesn't work as well as the liquid. (Doesn't get on the threads easily) Last time, I got 243 I think which should be standard for blue loctite. I got 2 packs at harbor freight last time I did my shopping spree/re stock.

Loctite works the best for screws going into metal, if plastic really won't work out.

I don't have anything arrma, but for grease, I use protek premier white and blue, red and tacky grease (or Lucas oil, Mobil 1 synthetic grease) and associated green slime.

For oils, there are different brands and some brands have a different cst to weight conversion if you wanna call it that. I use all AE Factory Team shock and diff oils. For different weight oils, lower weight is thinner the oil, higher the weight, thicker the oil. Same case for diff oils, or other oils labeled in cat and not weight.

For loctite or threadlocker, always use BLUE which is semi permanent. Never use red as red is permanent. I like the liquid versions the best. I also used the glue stick kind and it doesn't work as well as the liquid. (Doesn't get on the threads easily) Last time, I got 243 I think which should be standard for blue loctite. I got 2 packs at harbor freight last time I did my shopping spree/re stock.

Loctite works the best for screws going into metal, if plastic really won't work out.
Thanks a lot this really clear up a lot of questions in my head👍🏻 so grateful to have this community. I can ask my local hobby sure, but at one point they’re getting tired of questions instead of money. I didn’t buy much from them, more questions than buying.

Thanks a lot this really clear up a lot of questions in my head👍🏻 so grateful to have this community. I can ask my local hobby sure, but at one point they’re getting tired of questions instead of money. I didn’t buy much from them, more questions than buying.
Yea some hobby shops are like that. I have one up in the Towson (MD) area, most of the stuff I need, they don't stock and aren't really a help when I need it, my 2 other track I have, which are both family owned are friendly and helpful. (Pasadena and Gaithersburg MD) My local tracks and racer friends are also helpful.

And over the past year and a half, I learned so much, and still learning today! So I'm helping people on here, on the Facebooks and reddits. Also showing off my builds for anyone to reference. ;)

Also not to mention back in my early RC days, contacted Traxxas support alot. Sometimes its a ok time and somewhat helpful, but majority of the time, really not helpful. Crazy how they build these cars and they don't know how they work. Lol. Well thats traxxas anyways. I think Horizon and Arrma are on good terms. I seen a few people have good experience with Horizon support. I actually contacted Losi support near July 4th and haven't gotten a response yet (through email) but I already solved the issue.

Last edited:
Back