1/10 scale car or truck body on 1/8 scale buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toopizard

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
So i have a 1/8 scale kyosho inferno VE 4WD and i was wondering if a 1/10 scale non buggy body would fit on it because the 1/8 scale car and truck bodies dimensions seem way to big to fit it. I want like an old station wagon, old truck or old van body. But i want it to be inset so it looks like an open wheel racer. Would that work?

Yea just go to rc shop and do some test fits of what you want or find something on eBay and make it work. I never plan most my builds they just kinda fall in place as I go.

I agree with @TRAT , you are better off taking it to a RC shop like he mentioned.

There are literally no r/c shops around me so i gotta do everything online. Thats what i was gonna do was just grab a body and make it work. I just wasn't sure scale wise if it would work with wheel alignment. I'm ill just give it a shot and work zome magic. Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate the help :)

Link it, i'd do it. Thinking more like a 55 nomad myself. can't find one though.
I have a 55 but 1/8 scale. Just sitting around was a mock up body
Sorry 56 I meant

Attachments

• C271B41C-EF46-4B69-9373-C2A60B311512.jpeg
    C271B41C-EF46-4B69-9373-C2A60B311512.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 44
  • ED3666DF-0D41-424F-B95E-2BD628092FEF.jpeg
    ED3666DF-0D41-424F-B95E-2BD628092FEF.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 01CDEA97-139B-43DC-92E8-E1F95FE38C61.jpeg
    01CDEA97-139B-43DC-92E8-E1F95FE38C61.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 46
I have a 55 but 1/8 scale. Just sitting around was a mock up body
Sorry 56 I meant
Ohhhhh man, 55 to 59 is wherenits at. If theres no post holes cut in it already any chance youd wanna 0art with it??
Mine is 1/8 scale but its a buggy so i wasn't sure i had to go with a smaller body. I've only owned stadium trucks so the buggies are a bit different setup wise. If theres no holes in the body already and youd be willing to part with it I'm interested.

Yea already holes in it

Yea already holes in it
Ah dang. If you were willing to part with it how much would snag it? Its basically just for me to test if i can get it to fit right and i hate buggies, they all look the same. I'm into real cars, late 40s through the late 70s. Anyone know any good sites that has 1/8 scale bodies other than the standard for buggies?

Really? No one knows a goodnsite for cool 1/8 scale bodies...cmon

You just need to know the wheelbase and track width to do some hunting. Likely nobody here has done the exact build you are trying, so you are not going to get much in the way of... "this body will fit" kind of replies. Customizing an RC build takes research snd lots of googling around. Have fun.

You just need to know the wheelbase and track width to do some hunting. Likely nobody here has done the exact build you are trying, so you are not going to get much in the way of... "this body will fit" kind of replies. Customizing an RC build takes research snd lots of googling around. Have fun.
Yeah i plan on customizing it but the wheelbase is 13 inches and the width tire to tire is 12 inchs but every 1/8 scale body i can find is like way wider than that for some reason. I was wondering if thats because its a buggy and if maybe a 1/10 might fit better so the suspension can still work is all. Didnt mean to offend or anything. Ill do some more reasearch. Thanks for the responses

There are literally no r/c shops around me so i gotta do everything online. Thats what i was gonna do was just grab a body and make it work. I just wasn't sure scale wise if it would work with wheel alignment. I'm ill just give it a shot and work zome magic. Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate the help :)
If you look for a shell you like, you usually get the dimensions of them in the description bud so could check sizes