Mounting dynamite 053 on picco?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sage2k

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got my dynamite 053 side pipe to mount on my picco .26

It came with 3 small springs and 1 large spring.

Do the 3 small springs attach header to pipe and the 1 spring wraps around the engine head? I tried this way and it seems the header doesn't attach to the head very well. Should I add a 2nd large spring? Can someone take detailed pics of the way the side pipe is mounted? I used a small and large gasket inside each other for the engine to header connection

I know you want that header to head connection pretty tight. I cut the heads off of some 3mm screws, and used them as kind off a shim on a revo I had. Tucked them in between the spring and head. Worked fine, but looked pretty silly. Has to be a better way. Shorter spring?

Ok I went and got a 2nd spring to go around the head, much better. I wonder why they didnt include 2...

Now my picco is running super lean, even though I've riched it up about 1/4 on HSN now. Does this new pipe need me to richen it a whole bunch? I figured id only need to do it a bit.

Ok I went and got a 2nd spring to go around the head, much better. I wonder why they didnt include 2...

Now my picco is running super lean, even though I've riched it up about 1/4 on HSN now. Does this new pipe need me to richen it a whole bunch? I figured id only need to do it a bit.

First of all, you need to use the big block gasket and a small block gasket together to make a good seal on the engine? I also pinched the header in a vice to open the radius of the header, which pulled the pipe away from the servo box a bit! I hope that makes sense!

You will need to richin it quit a bit! that pipe allows the engine to flow alot more air, so it will need more fuel!

Yah I stacked the headers, once i used a 2nd spring it seems to have a very solid seal/connection to the engine now. I have richened it about 3/8 of a turn so far and its still running lean. I guess ill continue to keep richening it up but is it right that this pipe takes that much more fuel?

Yah I stacked the headers, once i used a 2nd spring it seems to have a very solid seal/connection to the engine now. I have richened it about 3/8 of a turn so far and its still running lean. I guess ill continue to keep richening it up but is it right that this pipe takes that much more fuel?

Yes, I seem to remember having to richin mine quit a bit.

After some more running and a closer look, it appears that its leaking at the bottom of the exhaust/header connection. I have 2 gaskets stacked (big block and small block gasket) and 2 long springs wrapping around the head to tie the header down...but still leaking.

I'm guessing this exhaust leak is causing the engine to run very lean?

Any tips to get a better seal? Getting very tired of this. Tempted to just go back to a stock exhaust..

After some more running and a closer look, it appears that its leaking at the bottom of the exhaust/header connection. I have 2 gaskets stacked (big block and small block gasket) and 2 long springs wrapping around the head to tie the header down...but still leaking.

I'm guessing this exhaust leak is causing the engine to run very lean?

Any tips to get a better seal? Getting very tired of this. Tempted to just go back to a stock exhaust..

Hmmmmmm! I never had trouble with the gasket leaking and I only run one spring. But, trust me, when you get it right and tuned in, you'll love it! that pipe is killer! It really wakes the Picco up!

Why don't you just get a header adapter from......New era...I think.

The exhaust leak is what's causing it to be too lean for sure. Remember, running your engine lean for too long will kill it.

So does the new era header adapter replace the stacked big and small block gasket?

I'm only guessing on who makes it, and you'll have to do some research and make sure it'll work for you. Rest assured they're out there and that's what I'd be using.

So does the new era header adapter replace the stacked big and small block gasket?

make sure the header flange is flush with the engine also. Like i said earlier, the bend in that header is too tight! it will cause it to sit a little crooked on the exhaust port. I just pinched my header a little in a vice and it opened the bend a little. it will also move the pipe out and away from your servo box. Trust me, the heat from your pipe will cause premature failure of your throttle servo!

Back