Another SCX10!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just got it up and running and all I can say is wow! This is a great scale performer right out of the box...Too bad Axial didn't put a nice body on it :\

Rooster Crawler esc
Integy 35T
Airtronics mg servo
TrueRc 4000ma 2S Lipo
G8 rubber

scx10.gif

tree-hugger.gif

tree-crawler.gif

looks good, well, except the body lol, i agree, i wish they would have came out with a different body but other than that they are a bad ass kit.

Thanks guys, the truck itself is BA....and the search for a body is on!

nice little scx u got

they crawler really well for a out the box kit

body has to go

I'm digging my ax-10, but I still really want an SCX10 for sure. I think I can get a chevy body that looks kinda like my full size GMC!

Very nice, I think if I can talk the wife into it that will be my next kit, but that won't be for a while, LOL!!!! And +1 on a new body for sure...

I think I can get a chevy body that looks kinda like my full size GMC!

Thats what I'm looking for too! I was going to try and get a Silverado SS Earnhardt edition but it has a 12.5" wheelbase...A little too long for this but it would probably fit your AX10

I'm finally working on a new body for it, here's a sneak peak. I bought a pair of Pro-Line rock sliders but the body is too wide for the stock mounting hardware so it will be a while before those get mounted.

new-body.gif

Looks like you got something pretty cool up your sleeve, such a tease!!!!!! come on show us a little more, LOL!!!!

Close to finish now, I just have to make some mounts for the rock sliders, install the head/tail lights and clean up the wiring.

srgbhadadthhjtrwwrtjhhtr.gif

I didn't think the body would be wide enough but the tires actually tuck in the fenders.
tuck.gif

I had two light kits and I wanted to run them on one battery but separate switches.

I cut the plug off one set
plug.gif

Soldered the battery wires to the battery plug on the second light kit
modded-battery-plug.gif

Now I can turn the head/tail lights, light bar on individually or together
light-bar-on.gif

all-lights.gif

tail-lights.gif

That defender body is sexy..... on another note, the titan 12t motor, and ESC combo make this lil rig SCOOT!

Looks cool, I like that body a lot better then the old one for sure, and the light are way cool, you need to get some video of it at night....

After a little night run.....The bumpers look cool but they get in the way a lot!

getting-dirty.gif

sweet. Those stock wheels n tires?

Stock wheels but I swapped the tires for the G8 compound.

I tried out the rock stompers today...They don't bite on anything hard but they do well in dirt and mud.

trail.gif

trail-1.gif

trail-2.gif