SC8e

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of us that don't have the time or the money to maintain Nitro trucks stuff like this is an inspiration. I'm itching to see this sucker go.

I'm not anti-Nitro, if I was rich and had no job I'd probably run it, but I'm neither and The electrics I have cost me more than enough.

There's nothing like just picking up a remote, a battery, and a truck and going out and playing for a half hour. No tuning, no messing, no after-run (save for remembering to unplug the battery!) and we're good to go. I'm not racing so I don't need uber-serious gear (save for my competition crawler and it doesn't suffer the kinda damage a comp racer would) . I just wanna mess around mostly.

What all besides the battery are you waiting on? Just finished my DU body for the slash, so I'm itchin to get bashin.......

CF plate for the center diff and servo mounts, the 8711 killed the stock ones.

Good news girls, parts and battery came today. :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Chip are the SC8 wheels real beadlocks?

SweetD, the rear bead is glue on, but I think the front bead is a true beadlock. I have been getting slam with 16 hr days at work and not time to really check it out. The SC8 manual shows them to be a true beadlock, I will get back to you on this.

We gona run this weekend???:idea: HUH??? :idea: are we?!?!? :idea: ARE WE?!?!?! :idea:

Down boy. :hehe::hehe:

Yep, bring some hot chocolate and we will shread some tires. :hehe:

SweetD, the rear bead is glue on, but I think the front bead is a true beadlock. I have been getting slam with 16 hr days at work and not time to really check it out. The SC8 manual shows them to be a true beadlock, I will get back to you on this.

Thanks for checking. If they are true beadlocks I'll pick up a set for my winter project.

Did you ever figure out how much clearance you have for the lipo pack under the roll cage?

Thanks for checking. If they are true beadlocks I'll pick up a set for my winter project.

Did you ever figure out how much clearance you have for the lipo pack under the roll cage?

I should have plenty, figers crossed. I had a good friend to order the battery at his cost for me, I have to go and pick it up. I saved 125.00 off of a 400.00 dollar pack, which is frikin great. IMO

Awesome truck! But I have a question. Why are you nitro haters on RC Nitro Talk? :p:

That's definately a sweet truck! Leave it nitro :D

but working on these things is as enjoyable as driving them for me.

although, electrics are gobs of fun. It's the realism factor for us I think. Maybe someday I'll have a 1:1 project car but for now my nitro r/c's give me my gearhead fix.

I like to drive things that are bushless.

I prefer to ride :D

at least "that's what she said"...

If you want realism, get a gasser.

I actually like Nitro as a non-user, it's kinda like 2-stroke motor bikes, it's got it's own unique smell and sound that can't be beat.

That doesn't mean I'll get one any time, I'm with Chip, I likes me brushless, but I can see why people love Nitro.

C'mon chip lets see it go soon :D

This thing is F-n SWEET. Havent been able to see it run yet, but the battery is HUGE!!!

I imagined a 6s 6000 would be

My polyquest 3s 6000 is stout

My little battery. :hehe::hehe::hehe:

101_0059.gif

101_0058.gif

you are going to love that polyquest. i still don't know my runtime on the 3S 6000 i have. its well over 45 mins tho.

Back