Custom traxxas slash 2wd trophy desert racer.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukedavis

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
I started this during the summer, but, I have switched gears and am now making it fit on a slash 2wd. It is all steel, weighs about 15 pounds and isn't done yet.
I'll post them in a min.

Lucky
Virtual school was the best. Can stay home in PJs and be home earlier. And have food when ever you want

I’ll add more when I get home.
6B19D7C8-AAEE-40B5-95A0-CCFCE4188427.jpeg
IMG_2883.jpeg

It has most of the paneling done on it. I’m not gonna run a body on it because there is no need with the fully paneled cage in it.
I have a video of it running and I can post it to YouTube and link it here. It is a video with my phone inside the truck on the drivers side window so it looks like I am actually driving the truck.

I’m gonna send the video as a file because it won’t work.

Love the driving light. That ought to light up the night. :D 'AC'
It sure does!!! I just finished up all the welding on it so now all I have to do is grind down the welds and paint!
I’ll post pics in a min
Nicely done! :thumbs-up:

Should call it: Mad Max
HECK YEAH! I’ll paint that on the side in red and white
The mad will be in white and the max will be in red
Good deal getting there
I think that there’s some competition now @TRAT 😉
The e on the plasma cutter came out weird so it looks like lukos RCs instead of Luke’s RCs lol
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. Personally I would have threaded the tube and cut poly carbonate panels to lighten the load. Can't wait to see a video.

Practice some more and do a durability test then sell some online as a side hustle.

Hey, Luke. Outstanding custom. Think about leaving the welds as they are. Even leave the welding slag in place. Looks very 'Mad Max / Road Warrior' as it is.

You running a beefier tranny in that Slash? Asking because many moons ago I ran a steel cage frame on a Rustler and took out the diff gear in short order. Something to think about.

Looks like you've got an entry ready for car of the month. Cheers. 'AC'

It sure does!!! I just finished up all the welding on it so now all I have to do is grind down the welds and paint!
I’ll post pics in a min

HECK YEAH! I’ll paint that on the side in red and white
The mad will be in white and the max will be in red

I think that there’s some competition now @TRAT 😉
The e on the plasma cutter came out weird so it looks like lukos RCs instead of Luke’s RCs lol
View attachment 173442View attachment 173443View attachment 173444View attachment 173445View attachment 173446View attachment 173447
Carful with word competition lol 😜.
I know a lot about CNC plasma, shoot air arc, lancing, welding anything pretty much mig tig stick ect, you need advise or questions? Feel free to ask

Looks great. Personally I would have threaded the tube and cut poly carbonate panels to lighten the load. Can't wait to see a video.

Practice some more and do a durability test then sell some online as a side hustle.
That’s what I am planning to do 😉
Carful with word competition lol 😜.
I know a lot about CNC plasma, shoot air arc, lancing, welding anything pretty much mig tig stick ect, you need advise or questions? Feel free to ask
Thank you! I love this forum so much and I am so happy that I joined almost a year ago on this upcoming november
Oh! I forgot to mention that I added a hinge to the front of it and ended it to the cage and funnely enough the hinge holes line up PERFECTLY with the holes on the slash lcg chassis.

Last edited:
Keep it up practice and figuring what works and doesn’t is trial and error. A lot good people on this forum that’s got a lot acknowledge and a lot people here love to help give advice tips so on. Me my passion is really my hobby when I’m not building real cars.

Back