RCT Member Location Map!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, TRD here. Last night I had this great idea, what if I got an online US state map had the RCT fam share their general locations, and put their general locations along with their usernames (and maybe first names) on the map? So basically everyone, tell me in the comment your GENERAL locations (if you're willing, don't put in your exact street or anything, because of safety reasons!), and perhaps your first, real names (last name not needed, again, safety first!). I'll then chart out the locations with their respective usernames/first names. This way, we'll be able to visually see where our fellow members are! I'll update the map every few days, so if a week has gone by and you don't see your name and location, please tell me again! I won't really add anybody by myself, if you want to be on the map, tell me so! I think this is gonna be fun, and as always, feel free to have some fun in the comments!

For those of you outside the US, that's fine, as Google Maps...maps the whole world! Lastly, I know very well that all you guys are comedians, so some of you are going say your location is "in your recliner" or "in Heaven" (or in the opposite of Heaven...Lord help you), and so on; that's funny and all, but I can't map those locations, so do give your actual location after you've had your laugh! :)

I've started out by putting myself on the map, as you can all see. Admins like @WoodiE, @Slick2500, ect. can join in too!

Cheers, Isaac

EDIT: Ok, so thanks to @WickedFog, instead of using an online map and manually adding each person, I'll just link to a Google map thing I made instead. Once you tell me your general location, I'll drop a pin in that area, somewhat randomly, so sorry if the pin is on top of a school, or parking lot! 🤣🤣 Remember to look about, because some people live outside the US, like @Stigtheone.

Here is the Google Map!

Edit 2: Also, please separate your name from your location with a comma or something! I can always at anytime change the location and/or name, so lemme know if change is needed! Also, if there needs to be any corrections, please tell me too!
First name: Patrick
I live in southeastern Pennsylvania between Philly and Allentown

Make sure it has a throttle dual rate so you don't kill any golfers! 🤣🤣☠️☠️

Bombs, er, golf balls, away!

Oh, boo hoo! 😔😔 Maybe after a break you'll be able to re-gain that spark? Perhaps all you need is some relaxed RC fun, like crawling, to spark that interest (like spark plugs, but not the Nitro part!)

Would you still like to participate though? Even if you don't RC, I'll still stick ya on the map!

Cow chasing is tiring stuff ya know (ok, actually I don't know!)! 🐄🐮
In Washington it stays cool pretty much all year, sure, it rains more than California, but it's not very bad, and keeps the dust down too. 114F is no joke...when it gets to 93F here (it hit than this summer for a day or two) I just want to not live...

Oh, I have you in New York RN, should I move you?

Thanks Chet! Welcome to RCT!

Stoner's back! Check the map!

Greeting JPG! Greetings from Washington!

Welcome Kevin! You're our second Kevin now, after @WickedFog!
Lol I'm back didn't really go anywhere. Just really busy with work this time of year gets crazy with emergency calls and over time...

10 YEARS!! Man, you dedicated. Mine run in about 10-week cycles, but then I will be right back at it. I just have too many hobbies to run 10-years.
I hope I can hold on to hobbies that long too, time will tell! I haven't had my hobbies that long yet, though I hope I'll stick with them for a long time! Oh no, it's WideOpen, better scram! 🤣🤣
First name: Patrick
I live in southeastern Pennsylvania between Philly and Allentown
Hello Patrick, welcome to the forum! Thanks for participating, check the map now!
Lol I'm back didn't really go anywhere. Just really busy with work this time of year gets crazy with emergency calls and over time...
Ok! Busted pipes and stuff this time of year, maybe some frozen pipes?

Last edited:
I'd say myself, @robmob and @HPIguy all started to fizzle out around the same time several years ago. I was so committed to rc's back then, had so many and would spend well over a grand in some cases closer to two on just one comp rig. My wallet hasn't missed it but I did have a little itch recently and thats why I picked up a scx24. I think all 3 of us just stayed around here because its like our online home haha, either that or because @WoodiE never booted us.
My zip code is 83324 if you wanna add me go ahead.
That's sad, but I get it! Glad you're starting to get that spark again though! One little step at a time! I don't think @WoodiE could ever bring himself to boot anyone, other than really obnoxious people! Added you!

I'm not an admin here.
My bad then. I actually thought you were.
Make sure it has a throttle dual rate so you don't kill any golfers! 🤣🤣☠️☠️

Bombs, er, golf balls, away!

Oh, boo hoo! 😔😔 Maybe after a break you'll be able to re-gain that spark? Perhaps all you need is some relaxed RC fun, like crawling, to spark that interest (like spark plugs, but not the Nitro part!)

Would you still like to participate though? Even if you don't RC, I'll still stick ya on the map!

Cow chasing is tiring stuff ya know (ok, actually I don't know!)! 🐄🐮
In Washington it stays cool pretty much all year, sure, it rains more than California, but it's not very bad, and keeps the dust down too. 114F is no joke...when it gets to 93F here (it hit than this summer for a day or two) I just want to not live...
I have seen above 90 in Texas for 2 months straight. The record, i think, is 118 for two days. If you want hot though, go see Death Valley. That place is insane. It gets so hot its sometimes hard to breathe.
10 YEARS!! Man, you dedicated. Mine run in about 10-week cycles, but then I will be right back at it. I just have too many hobbies to run 10-years.
I've been doing it almost continuously for more than 30 years. My idea of continuously though, means i have never been without an RC vehicle of some type, even if some years they may only get ran a week total the whole year. My GF has tried to get me into other hobbies, but, it never works. I use them as a break from stressing over and fighting with 1:1 race cars. My only hobbies have always centered around cars (plastic models, RC cars, 1:1 race cars), boats, or computers.

Last edited:
Hi guys, TRD here. Last night I had this great idea, what if I got an online US state map had the RCT fam share their general locations, and put their general locations along with their usernames (and maybe first names) on the map? So basically everyone, tell me in the comment your GENERAL locations (if you're willing, don't put in your exact street or anything, because of safety reasons!), and perhaps your first, real names (last name not needed, again, safety first!). I'll then chart out the locations with their respective usernames/first names. This way, we'll be able to visually see where our fellow members are! I'll update the map every few days, so if a week has gone by and you don't see your name and location, please tell me again! I won't really add anybody by myself, if you want to be on the map, tell me so! I think this is gonna be fun, and as always, feel free to have some fun in the comments!

For those of you outside the US, that's fine, as Google Maps...maps the whole world! Lastly, I know very well that all you guys are comedians, so some of you are going say your location is "in your recliner" or "in Heaven" (or in the opposite of Heaven...Lord help you), and so on; that's funny and all, but I can't map those locations, so do give your actual location after you've had your laugh! :)

I've started out by putting myself on the map, as you can all see. Admins like @WoodiE, @Slick2500, ect. can join in too!

Cheers, Isaac

EDIT: Ok, so thanks to @WickedFog, instead of using an online map and manually adding each person, I'll just link to a Google map thing I made instead. Once you tell me your general location, I'll drop a pin in that area, somewhat randomly, so sorry if the pin is on top of a school, or parking lot! 🤣🤣 Remember to look about, because some people live outside the US, like @Stigtheone.

Here is the Google Map!

Edit 2: Also, please separate your name from your location with a comma or something! I can always at anytime change the location and/or name, so lemme know if change is needed! Also, if there needs to be any corrections, please tell me too!
Ryan G; Athens, AL

I was at that point 6 years or so ago. Would bash every weekend the first year or so (20 years ago), even in winter... with nitro. Then after 5 or 6 years, it kind of waned and I only went out a handful of times. Then I started again for a couple years, then waned again. Getting into electric got me going again in December of 2016 and I haven't backed off much since. I went from having 11 or 12 nitro to having 2 nitro and 8 or 9 electric. lol! Going with electric just made it easier to run in places without having kids show up or people getting annoyed at the old guy playing with "toys" in the park. With nitro, I swear, kids would find me from miles away.

Then I found a public grass bmx track a couple years ago on google maps, met 3 or 4 good guys to bash with there and it's become an every weekend thing again from Spring to Winter.
Yeah, Nitro does seem like a handful, and I wouldn't want to do it all the time either. I have 2 smaller electrics, no nitros. Dude, any kind of RC will attract kids like bugs and light! If it has wheels and runs, especially if it's fast, here they come! I get this with smaller electrics, given, my buggy ain't a slouch (nearly 40mph for a brushless converted 1/14 scale!), and my 1/16 brushed MT (the 390 motor does nearly 20mph) while about half the speed, is a MT, and we all know how cool "race cars" and "Monster trucks" are!

Something bigger that makes "real engine sounds" would be like a magnet! lol the kids just love it, it can be annoying at times (like when they ask to have a go too 😐😬), but they just love watching it!

Good to have some guys to bash with...I haven't met anyone like that, except for 3 random guys at different times and places, one was running a 6s Typhon I think, another an 8s Outcast, and the last a....3s Arrma or Slash? Couldn't really tell, I saw the guy at night running his RC at a school track/parking lot, and I had brought my buggy along with me. We were gonna do some driving, but then the guy just left in his car without a word!
Ryan G; Athens, AL
Gotcha, thanks for particapting! Welcome to the forum!

I have seen above 90 in Texas for 2 months straight. The record, i think, is 118 for two days. If you want hot though, go see Death Valley. That place is insane. It gets so hot its sometimes hard to breathe.

I've been doing it almost continuously for more than 30 years. My idea of continuously though, means i have never been without an RC vehicle of some type, even if some years they may only get ran a week total the whole year. My GF has tried to get me into other hobbies, but, it never works. I use them as a break from stressing over and fighting with 1:1 race cars. My only hobbies have always centered around cars (plastic models, RC cars, 1:1 race cars), boats, or computers.
I find it hard to breathe in 90-100 degrees, but I'm a Washingtonian!
I'm not an admin here.
Anyhow, you can still join in!

Last edited:

Our weather is so bipolar here that we have set a few world records. Rapid City SD currently holds the world record for the shortest gap between 100* temps and measurable snow. It stands at 2 days. https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020...p-from-100-degree-reading-to-measurable-snow/

Spearfish SD currently holds the world record for the fastest recorded temperature change. https://www.weathernationtv.com/news/day-spearfish-south-dakota-set-world-record/
On January 22, 1943, at about 7:30 a.m. MST, the temperature in Spearfish was −4 °F (−20 °C). The Chinook wind picked up speed rapidly, and two minutes later (7:32 a.m.) the temperature was +45 °F (7 °C). The 49 °F or 27 °C rise in two minutes set a world record that still holds. By 9:00 a.m., the temperature had risen to 54 °F (12 °C). Suddenly, the chinook died down and the temperature tumbled back to −4 °F or −20 °C. The 58 °F or 32.2 °C drop took only 27 minutes. The sudden change in temperatures caused glass windows to crack and windshields to instantly frost over. In downtown Rapid City, the temperature had warmed to +5 degrees by 9:20 a.m., then it quickly warmed to 54 degrees by 9:40 am—a difference of 49 degrees in 20 minutes.

Our weather is so bipolar here that we have set a few world records. Rapid City SD currently holds the world record for the shortest gap between 100* temps and measurable snow. It stands at 2 days. https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020...p-from-100-degree-reading-to-measurable-snow/

Spearfish SD currently holds the world record for the fastest recorded temperature change. https://www.weathernationtv.com/news/day-spearfish-south-dakota-set-world-record/
On January 22, 1943, at about 7:30 a.m. MST, the temperature in Spearfish was −4 °F (−20 °C). The Chinook wind picked up speed rapidly, and two minutes later (7:32 a.m.) the temperature was +45 °F (7 °C). The 49 °F or 27 °C rise in two minutes set a world record that still holds. By 9:00 a.m., the temperature had risen to 54 °F (12 °C). Suddenly, the chinook died down and the temperature tumbled back to −4 °F or −20 °C. The 58 °F or 32.2 °C drop took only 27 minutes. The sudden change in temperatures caused glass windows to crack and windshields to instantly frost over. In downtown Rapid City, the temperature had warmed to +5 degrees by 9:20 a.m., then it quickly warmed to 54 degrees by 9:40 am—a difference of 49 degrees in 20 minutes.
Oh my gosh, that's insane! Talk about quick clothes changes...

Oh my gosh, that's insane! Talk about quick clothes changes...
Yesterday I was wearing shorts and today well.
InkedScreenshot_20220211-121510_WTForecast_LI.jpg

He puts the forum name and the first name on the map.
I

Have to put something with a quake or no one would.know who i is
Yep, that's what I do. I put the forum username, then the member's real name in parentheses. For example @TheNitroQuakeKing, for mine I did: "@The_RC_Dude (Isaac)". If you can, check the map, you should be at the bottom (it's sorted by time, earliest to latest), tell me if I did it right! :)
I'm bullshipping you all. No one cares about my quakes or what i know.
Huh? No, we all care, you're part of the RCT fam!

Last edited:
Back