The highly anticipated, Team Associated SC10 4×4 Kit short course truck has finally been unveiled and unlike anything we’ve seen in a short course truck before. The Associated SC10 4WD kit is not based on any previous Team Associated chassis but instead a new platform was designed just for the SC10 4WD kit!
Associated designed the SC10 4×4 around a lightweight, low-drag belt driven system. The belt is thick and durable (5mm wide with 211 teeth). Due to the layout, the belt drives the front drivetrain only, while a standard 3-gear gearbox drives the rear end. The belt drive works and delivers explosive acceleration and yields a compact chassis layout, and reduced drivetrain friction. The belt also allows it to use 32-pitch gears with large teeth.
Associated designed the Team Associated SC10 4×4 from the ground up to handle abuse. Thick suspension arms, heavy-duty rod ends, 3mm hingepins, and large 32-pitch gears make fore a heavy duty platform. The inner camber-link ball studs pass through the shock tower mounts and thread into metal inserts below.
Only two screw heads are visible on the underside of the Team Associated SC10 4×4 chassis, and all of the components mount to the top of the chassis. Team Associated calls its new three-piece molded tub chassis a “low CG and low polar moment design.” As the chassis pieces wear, you can replace each section individually. When assembled, the chassis forms a near glass-smooth bottom surface that will glide over ruts and bumps.
Associated SC10 4×4 Features
- Unique dual gearbox drive train coupled together with a 5mm heavy duty belt system with external tension adjustment
- 32 pitch front and rear gearboxes with sealed fluid filled differentials
- Decoupled center slipper clutch allows for front and rear wheel drive to slip independently, resulting in more traction and stability on bumpy track conditions
- CVAs with captured drive pins and heavy duty 6mm alloy axles
- 12mm hex drive KMC replica wheels front and rear with aggressive short course racing tires
- Championship short course racing body (clear), with Team Associated decal sheet
- 13mm blue aluminum big-bore threaded shocks with low friction X-ring seals
- Composite modular tub chassis with Low-CG and Low Polar Moment design
- Enclosed water-resistant receiver box, and removable ESC tray for easy clean up and maintenance
- Ball bearing steering system with adjustable steering stops
- All metric hardware and ball bearings throughout
- Uses most 540 and 550 brushless motors
Required to Complete
- R/C 2-channel surface frequency radio system
- Battery pack (6 cell NiMh or 2 cell LiPo)
- Battery charger (peak detection charger recommended)
- Electronic speed control
- R/C electric motor (550 size recommended)
- Pinion gear
- Tire glue
- Paint for body
- Steering servo
Team Assocated SC10 4×4 Kit Video
Part #: 90004 – Team Associated SC10 4×4 Kit
Discuss the new Team Associated SC10 4×4 in our RC Short Course Trucks forum!