Team Associated SC10 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGT8.0owner

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
what do you guys think of this?:

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/SC10_4x4/Kit/

Although i'm still not 100% liking the idea of a belt in a off-road rc thats going to be powered by a 550 i don't think it looks to bad

i'm probobly going to pre-order a losi ten-SCTE next week. depending on the price of this i'm considering ordering both to do a side by side. but nothing is for-sure yet so don't quote me on that lol

looks as though the belt is enclosed, so I don't think rocks will be an issue. in the end you have a lightweight drivetrain and a low CG. I'd have to see it compared to the Traxxas 4x4 and the Ofna SC10. I love the AE SC8 (nitro), quality is good, so hopefully we'd see the same level of quality in the new Sc 4x4.

ultimately we'll need to see it on a track before knowing. The price will play a major factor in how many you see on a track. If AE prices themselves out of the market, as they did with the SC8 and SC8E, we'll probably see very few.

cool, I didn't even check. I was just looking at the Losi model, aluminium chassis, driveshaft system etc. I dunno, I'd like to see the weight of the losi model, traxxas, ofna and AE. In one hand having a bit of extra weight when flying through the air helps offset the parachute effect of these SC bodies. Too heavy and you push through the corners on the "not so grippy" tires. So then guys put on buggy tires and drive the SC truck like a buggy with a big body.

ultimately, the lightest truck would interest me the most, then I'd fill the SC body full of holes, as much as allowed for racing, and add weight were needed.

Back