Your Losi DBXL-E thoughts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scavenger

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I'm thinking I'll pull the trigger on one of those this week. $1200 is almost shameful to spend on a toy but it's not going to hold me back lol.
I personally love the big scale stuff. It's expensive and I would hate to give up a perfectly good drug habit but I will so I can afford to play.
I'll just have to white knuckle my way thru somehow 😆.
Seriously tho, any thoughts on this RC?

I'm thinking I'll pull the trigger on one of those this week. $1200 is almost shameful to spend on a toy but it's not going to hold me back lol.
I personally love the big scale stuff. It's expensive and I would hate to give up a perfectly good drug habit but I will so I can afford to play.
Only thought I have is if you buy it, I'll hate you 🤪

Fairly durable but has very little air control.

I would recommend if you have a large grass field or gravel parking lot.

In 8 months of ownership, I have broken, front hub carrier x2, front a arm and a steering link.

Biggest let down is that is all parts come in massive bundles which is a pita.

Fairly durable but has very little air control.

I would recommend if you have a large grass field or gravel parking lot.

In 8 months of ownership, I have broken, front hub carrier x2, front a arm and a steering link.

Biggest let down is that is all parts come in massive bundles which is a pita.
Tell me more about the parts issue?
I bought my felony as an impulse purchase and I decided to actually think this one thru for a change.
That's a good woman right thar. Why not go all in on a Raminator? 😉
I don't have Canadian lumberjack $$$ or I would!
I can see myself building something truly insane out of the losi as long as my wallet holds out tho.

Last edited:
Tell me more about the parts issue?
I bought my felony as an impulse purchase and I decided to actually think this one thru for a change.
When I broke the a arm I needed to buy all 4 arms which is $52, but they are the same a arm all around.

A better example is c hub, caster blocks and rear hubs all come in one package and they are all different so if you break the c hub on the same side again you to buy the whole which is like $50~.

Edit: The hubs are only $40 but you get the point.

Last edited:
When I broke the a arm I needed to buy all 4 arms which is $52, but they are the same a arm all around.

A better example is c hub, caster blocks and rear hubs all come in one package and they are all different so if you break the c hub on the same side again you to buy the whole which is like $50~.
That's not so bad, I guess. I'll be looking into aftermarket support too.

If I bought that car and saw that, Losi would be getting a nasty email from me! That is just wrong.

I love the dbxle 2.0. I would recommend trying to find a used one for around $800 (that is what I did). A lot of people buy this car and use it less than 10 times and sell on FB marketplace for $800ish

I love "new RC day"! I probably won't get a chance to give it a good workout until this weekend.

20220825_110028.jpg

Now.... where did I park that 1/5 scale navigator........where's my weed?

It's only money.

I woke up this morning with the $$$ in my pocket. I had to drive to the hobby shop before I changed my mind.
Seriously tho, I didn't even check horizon because of a bad experience online with a large boat that took over 3 weeks to arrive. Stubborn old man never bought another thing from them or even visited their site again.

I woke up this morning with the $$$ in my pocket. I had to drive to the hobby shop before I changed my mind.
Seriously tho, I didn't even check horizon because of a bad experience online with a large boat that took over 3 weeks to arrive. Stubborn old man never bought another thing from them or even visited their site again.
Hobby shop should have honored the deal.

Always, still a sweet rig.

Back