YOU GREW UP IN THE 80's or early 90's IF.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah!! that stuff was cool to play with lol, but stunk like hell

80's

No G'news is Good G'news.... with Gary G'new... It's the Great Space Coaster... whoooao... The key thing to remember is that we had to get up and switch between the half a dozen channels we could get to watch our shows, and it may have taken a nice ball of aluminum foil on the "rabbit ears" to get reception!!! :shrug:

JESSE G said:
Oh yeah!! that stuff was cool to play with lol, but stunk like hell

And would ruin a shag carpet in a heart beat :devious:

that it would, probaly was extremely toxic also, they diddnt care much about things like that back then

Carls_Mammoth said:
No G'news is Good G'news.... with Gary G'new... It's the Great Space Coaster... whoooao... The key thing to remember is that we had to get up and switch between the half a dozen channels we could get to watch our shows, and it may have taken a nice ball of aluminum foil on the "rabbit ears" to get reception!!! :shrug:

OH man We had a small tv on top of the big tv..
At one point the sound went out on the big tv. so dad bought a small tv so we could watch the big one and the sound came from the little one(that was B/W...LOL

The big one was are first tv with a remote :)

LMFAO, when I was a kid we did the same thing hehe, at one time we had 3 tv,s stacked up on top of each other. I though we there only ones to have one for sound and one for a pic thats to funny

sold my parachute pants on ebay a few months ago!!!!!!!!

We had 2 tv's when I was growing up. One in the kitchen and one in the living room. The one in the living room had a picture. One in the kitchen, sound...... Both were black and white. 3 channels. All of them went off the air about 12? First tv I could afford was a 13" black and white. Cost $70?

Now I have about 400 channels and there is nothing on.

Sorry us old farts derailed the thead...... We walked uphill, in the snow, to school. Both ways. Carrying our little sister..... :)

We had a tv that would get this purple spot in the upper right hand corner. It was one of those big floor model tv's that was basically a coffin with moving picture. When that spot would come up, we had to bang on the side right by the spot to make it go away. Also had dials for tuning that never seemed to match up but we always knew what channel it was on. AAAAAAAAAH, the days before cable and remote controls.

The first remotes...... Hit the remote and a big dial on the front of the tv turned.....
Cachunck... Another indian movie. (chech & chong)

Our first remote was who ever was the youngest in the room. Never ran out of batteries but always complained.

One thing everyones' forgetting; the old Nintendo. The square one, with the painful to use controllers.

I still have that one and it still works. Have the original Atari 2600 and the Comodor 64. All still work ... man, I feel old.

two more words...

Crystal Pepsi

Diver6127 said:
I still have that one and it still works. Have the original Atari 2600 and the Comodor 64. All still work ... man, I feel old.

I still have my TurboGrafx 16! Bonk is the poop!

noone has mentioned the smash'em up derby cars or the rock'em sock'em robots .
them derby cars were the ankle busters that the parents wished they hadnt bought
how bout the COX tether cars using a huge battery for the glo-plug

Two words: Creepy Crawlers!
Our first color TV was a Heathkit my Dad built. Worked great!
Still have our first personal computer: Texas Instruments TI994A with the cassette disk drive. I'll bet it works, too.
The original portable electronic games like football (you know, red LED's with a couple sound effects?)
The original Battlestar Gallatica! I had one of the early toy fighter ships that actually shot torpedos, then all the crap started when kids choked on 'em.
Acutally going to the arcade at the mall.
Rubik's cube and The Snake!

Racin, I had one of those Cox tether cars, but it was prop driven. Reminded me an airboat with wheels! Lasted 17 minutes (wanted to see what would happen if I let go of the tether and discovered it would run into a wall!)

I had the purple Schwinn with banana seat, big-ass bright orange flag and optional "racin' slick" rear tire. I was the King of Sandhurst Drive!

Good times, good times....

Did anyone list?

The A Team
Scooby Doo(the cartoon)
The Super Friends
The ThunderCats
The Incredible Hulk

I watched em all...

My 2 favorites

The Rocky and Bullwinkles cartoon

Macross aka Robotech

Last edited: