Yet another Redcat thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooky78

RCNT Window Licker
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So.. a buddy of mine calls and says "I've got 2 Revos, a Mini revo and a Redcat Rampage. They all need work and I'm tired of messing with them"
As he's an over the road truck driver, and I'm laid off, I took him up on the offer to tinker.
I'm really starting to understand why you guys bash on them so much. This thing is a PITA to work on. There's 50 different sizes of hex keys you need, there's no uniformity, and parts... expensive as all get out, if you can find them. I kinda dig the big scale, but, man! I am pretty interested to see how the thing runsfw and drives, but I've completely decided I hate the Flysky radio that it came with. Glad I didn't buy the one I looked at on Amazon.
On the bright side, if I can work out the details, I may be getting one of the Revos out of the deal, and he gave me the extra center diff he had for my Mini Revo.

So.. a buddy of mine calls and says "I've got 2 Revos, a Mini revo and a Redcat Rampage. They all need work and I'm tired of messing with them"
As he's an over the road truck driver, and I'm laid off, I took him up on the offer to tinker.
I'm really starting to understand why you guys bash on them so much. This thing is a PITA to work on. There's 50 different sizes of hex keys you need, there's no uniformity, and parts... expensive as all get out, if you can find them. I kinda dig the big scale, but, man! I am pretty interested to see how the thing runsfw and drives, but I've completely decided I hate the Flysky radio that it came with. Glad I didn't buy the one I looked at on Amazon.
On the bright side, if I can work out the details, I may be getting one of the Revos out of the deal, and he gave me the extra center diff he had for my Mini Revo.

Lol......

I dont know about the other brands, I always went first pick with my 1/8th buggy on those jumping days, until I bought a Revo 3.3.

Its simply stupid how those trucks fly, and the power to pick up air, jump after jump of fun.

Back