XTS X-TERMINATOR question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dago_storm

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am new to the nitro world,I just got a gs storm and i love it.I seen an add for the new xts x-terminator and it sounds like a great buy for the buck if anyone knows anything about this buggie (pros and cons) i would aprecciate the input,I was going to get a ofna 9.5 until I seen this add now I am leaning to the x-terminator

XTM is the maker of the buggy and i have been to the web site which gives me none of the info i want. I wanted to get some feedback from someone because the maker isnt going to tell you anything bad about their product. and as far as the 9.5 goes i am hearing that the hyper 7 is a better buggie but i am really interested in this x-terminator but i can't find anyone that has seen it run or has run it. I looked at a shop online that sells it and it is on backorder. all i know is I am not happy with the gs storm i have (rtr model) just doesn't have enough speed to keep up with my friends buggies so i am looking for something new

Originally posted by dago_storm
I am new to the nitro world,I just got a gs storm and i love it.

Well, the xtm is a RTR just likke your storm. If you stick with rtr's, you're not going to notice much difference speed wise regardless of which manufacturer you use b/c they all come with sport engines. If it is speed you want, then drop a hotter engine like a OS or RB into your storm.

Personnally I think the XTM is a big POS. The 24.7 engine is a joke, you can get more hp out of a .21 engine and have way better quality. As for the buggy itself, if you plan on racing, or running at a track, its not worth it. I talked to a guy who ran one and broke both front suspension arms when he landed off of the jump at our local track funny. This jump is not that big, I've messed up on it many times with my mugen and put less than a scratch on it. He was breaking things to easy so he got rid of it within a week of buying the buggy. All these higher output big-block engines are just a joke, like the ofna .25 or whatever, and now this 24.7. Not only can you get a way faster engine, but the quality in these new big blocks is just not there. Look at the price, you truly get what you pay for in RC. My mugen was quite expensive, but I can't break it, and believe me i've tried. If you want somthing fast and high quality your just gonna have to dish out the dough in 1/8th scale racing. Dago storm, your storm rtr is more than capable of keeping up with the fastest of buggies. You just need a few key hop-ups. First and most important is the engine. Instead of getting a whole new buggy why not improve upon your storm. I can tell you this, the GS storm is 100 times better than the XTM xterminator.

Last edited:
I agree with you Kyle and that is what I was trying to point out. It would be more cost effective and performance effective if he would go with a better engine and keep the storm, then spend the money on the xtm and actually take a step backwards.

I have just not had alot of luck with getting the storm to tune half the time i can't get it to idle (bought it used) and i didnt want to put alot of $ into it because i would prefer to have a pro kit and for the amount of $ i wull spend to get all those hop ups + a new motor i think i would be better finding a good pro kit and buying it.

Dago Storm, after you buy a pro kit, your still going to need everything else. And an XTM exterminator is definitely not close to a pro kit.

Back