XTM X Factor engine replacement?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlobbia

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Hello guys. I am restoring a X factor, however the one way bearing on the 24.7 engine just cracked, and does not catch anymore. There are no parts for this engine sadly, so it is useless. I was thinking of getting a SH 18, or a Dynamite 19 or something. What do you guys recommend that will fit? Right now it has the XTM 24.7. Also, just wondering, what is the difference between a big and small block? Never really knew the answer. All help is appreciated.

I also found a few of those 1 way bearings mostly in UK.. id look at that part # listed in tuneds post

The 24.7 was a big block, so you'd likely want to go with another big block to avoid having to change the mounting and header/pipe to work.

That OWB posted above does look like the one for the xtm 24.7, I had a few of those back in the day. The photo in the link is showing the back side of the owb vs the face of it where it has slots for the pin on the crank.

The old SH28 was on par with the quality of the 24.7, bit more torque though:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/sh-eng...haust-pull-start-engine-shept2802a-p3/p509064

Not a lot of cheaper engines available at the moment unless you hit up ebay.

Back