Xray xt2, sickening rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogda89

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got a sickening xray xt2 probably 2019 model, very little run time, I have that missing transmission brace with some extra spare parts and another set of tires. It was 130$ but I had to drive over hour and a half one way, but I roll in a Prius, so I can save money on gas and buy more rc :).

This is my first 1/10 scale xray, and I am amazed by the quality and how light weight it is. Sickening

IMG_20230501_194349431_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230501_194417233_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230501_200109498_HDR.jpg

Xrays are nice. Parts are expensive tho. Had to get my uncle Turnbuckles for his 2017 xb4. 18 dollars just for 2 camber links so 36 for both front and rear links. Expensive.

Love the body. Reminds me of the 90s fountain drink cups. I have always been curious as to how xrays perform.

Hi guys, I just got a sickening xray xt2 probably 2019 model, very little run time, I have that missing transmission brace with some extra spare parts and another set of tires. It was 130$ but I had to drive over hour and a half one way, but I roll in a Prius, so I can save money on gas and buy more rc :).

This is my first 1/10 scale xray, and I am amazed by the quality and how light weight it is. Sickening

View attachment 164740

View attachment 164741

View attachment 164742
Looks like a great rig! A nice, clean rig is always a decent sign that the previous owner at least tried to take care of it. I kinda dig the paint splatter body shell!

Keep up posted on the electronics you put in this thing. Xray's are known to be high quality race machines, so I've heard. Very reasonable price too, IMO

I should buy an EV so I can save completely on gas (and pay for electricity 🙄) so I can buy MORE RCs LOL

Looks like a great rig! A nice, clean rig is always a decent sign that the previous owner at least tried to take care of it. I kinda dig the paint splatter body shell!

Keep up posted on the electronics you put in this thing. Xray's are known to be high quality race machines, so I've heard. Very reasonable price too, IMO

I should buy an EV so I can save completely on gas (and pay for electricity 🙄) so I can buy MORE RCs LOL
I have some spare electronics, I don't care that much about the looks but I will be able to match red components, for esc I will go either hobbywing quick run 60 or hobbyking trackstar sportsman 60, that is rebranded skyrc toro 50. For motor I have 13.5 savox that I use in my wheeler but I will switch it with trinity monster horsepower that I have as a spare. Yes, savox did make a brushless motor back in the day. And for servo I have Traxxas brushless 2255. Its not that fast on 6v, 0.15, but I will try to run it directly from the battery at 8.4 for more speed. I like to run faster servos, at least 0.10 but you can't beat free servo that I got for free when I bought used erevo 2.0, plus I got venom pro duo charger with that 200$ used erevo :).

At our local truck we run stadium truck and truggy together, but we may separate. Stadium truck can't do this that my et410.2 did last race :)

I have some spare electronics, I don't care that much about the looks but I will be able to match red components, for esc I will go either hobbywing quick run 60 or hobbyking trackstar sportsman 60, that is rebranded skyrc toro 50. For motor I have 13.5 savox that I use in my wheeler but I will switch it with trinity monster horsepower that I have as a spare. Yes, savox did make a brushless motor back in the day. And for servo I have Traxxas brushless 2255. Its not that fast on 6v, 0.15, but I will try to run it directly from the battery at 8.4 for more speed. I like to run faster servos, at least 0.10 but you can't beat free servo that I got for free when I bought used erevo 2.0, plus I got venom pro duo charger with that 200$ used erevo :).

At our local truck we run stadium truck and truggy together, but we may separate. Stadium truck can't do this that my et410.2 did last race :)

Sounds like a good setup! I had the Quicrun 1060 Brushed or whatever in my buggy, before I switched to brushless. HW makes good stuff

Finally took xray xt2 to the track instead of my tekno et410.2. at my local truck we run 10.5 truggy and 13.5 stadium trucks together. Stadium trucks obviously has disadvantage but it's really fun to drive, it has very good cornering speed, but lacking in acceleration and braking.

If I remember I have mclan motor, hobbywing just stock, power hd r12s.

I have to do some setup changes, but overall, it handles very well

IMG_20230617_074555585_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230617_061635583_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230617_061927102_HDR.jpg

Good thing, now I have a spare one, owner of the track was selling over 15 cars so I couldn't resist not to buy another xt2 2017 roller with motor, new tires and like new.body for 120$. In 2 weeks I will take that one to the track as.well

Last edited:
Back