Xmaxx toe link hitting suspension arm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo1980

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi, was using my xmaxx the other day and noticed a knocking noise when I turned hard left and after having a look I noticed the toe link is hitting the suspension arm on full lock turning left. I've tried adjusting the end points but not having much luck. Turning right isn't a problem. Hope someone will have some ideas what could be causing this also the toe link is fairly new

As you can see the toe link is hitting the suspension arm but when I turn it right the toe link seems to be lower than the suspension arm and a gap between them. It seems to be too high compared to the right side

16636197379098684817699915644439.jpg

16636197673353065408974361411771.jpg

It's kind of hard to see what's going on there, have you set your endpoints on your transmitter?
I looked at mine and there not close at all.

I tried that earlier, when I get time tomorrow I will take a pic of the other side to compare

Let us know, there is a hand full of guys that have the Xmaxx and they will gladly try to help you out.

Maybe a video of the issue would be even more helpful but just taking a stab in the dark Id say something has to be out of alignment, bent, or broken.

That's what I'm guessing Grey because I looked at mine and I have lots of room.

I just looked at mine and there's a good gap on both sides. I'd say you just need to set your end points for the steering servo. Is your servo saver tight?

He said he set them already so until we see some more pics or maybe a vid clip of it in action its hard to say

Sorry I haven't been back, I tried to set the end points yesterday with no luck by next port of call is the checking the servo saver. I will take some picks and a possible video when I get home from work. Thanks for getting back with some help💪

Found the issue,the screw has come all the way through on the servo saver making it sloppy. Is replacing it with stock the best way or are there any better options out there

16636901696821237295846892845672.jpg

16636902667293820193341959851280.jpg

Glad you found the issue. It looks a tiny bit chewed up on top. If it were me, I would replace it.

Would you replace with stock or purchase an upgrade after market one on

I would check Jenny's RC and just buy stock. I just noticed you are from the UK so Jenny's problably wouldn't be the best place to purchase it.

Oh yeah forgot to mention I'm from the UK,lol. I can get the complete servo saver assembly for about £14 compared to hot racing aluminium one for £55 so I think stock is the way to go as I can get three sets for the price of one aluminium one. Thanks again for the help and advice

Oh yeah forgot to mention I'm from the UK,lol. I can get the complete servo saver assembly for about £14 compared to hot racing aluminium one for £55 so I think stock is the way to go as I can get three sets for the price of one aluminium one. Thanks again for the help and advice
replace it with stock and if it happens again Id replace it with an aftermarket aluminum one.

replace it with stock and if it happens again Id replace it with an aftermarket aluminum one.
That's what I was thinking as well,cheap option first then expensive 💪

Well after swapping out the bellcrank assembly and adjusting the end points it seems the toe link is still touching the suspension arm on full turn that you can see in the pic, is this normal or am I worrying over nothing. The last pic shows it when the wheels are straight and there is plenty of space, I'm starting to think I'm worrying about nothing(hopefully)🤣

16648251771143765187183474891496.jpg

16648252058338132843917590666895.jpg

16648252456063576888518047642468.jpg