Xmaxx owners and ex-owners

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to put the belt system in mine but I am buying this motor mount. Of course in green... :D
The gears look pretty beefy.
Yead, those gears with the D hole are stout. Nice machining on those. If I decide not to do the belt drive, I am at least going to do the motor mount and gears there.

I've seen a bunch of guys on youtube using that motor mount with zero complaints. Spendy but they can handle high torque.

I've seen a bunch of guys on youtube using that motor mount with zero complaints. Spendy but they can handle high torque.
I just got an email back from them about the motor mount and belt drive. Very quick response time. I think I am going to go for it when I buy the drivetrain stuff. They said they are in stock, but the website says out of stock.

So hate to bring this up but these videos of belt drives are from 2 & 3 yrs ago. Any of them running with them today?? And the 1.5 gears did any one ask what has to be cut from chassis to fit them in? Just curious 🤔 🤔👍👍

Attachments

• 1632450161700.png
    1632450161700.png
    569.3 KB · Views: 48
So hate to bring this up but these videos of belt drives are from 2 & 3 yrs ago. Any of them running with them today?? And the 1.5 gears did any one ask what has to be cut from chassis to fit them in? Just curious 🤔 🤔👍👍
Yeah, in the image you attached of my screenshot the guy that posted the install vid from 11 months ago said he still thinks it's great.

poop just stand there and look at it. F-ING IDIOT TOUR STANDING ON DIRT
lol, I was actually yelling at the monitor when I was watching that video. I was like "Dont just stand there dumb@ss, Get the freaking lipo out of you rig!!!" Personal safety be damned, This is your Xmaxx were talking about here! lol. The part that really killed me was when he threw 2 pinches of sand on it. I was like "Bruh....if you're gonna try and smother the fire then you have to completely bury it so it can't get oxygen!" That being said lipo fires produce their own oxygen but still if you goal is to smother a non oxygen producing fire 2 pinches aint gonna do the trick lol

lol, I was actually yelling at the monitor when I was watching that video. I was like "Dont just stand there dumb@ss, Get the freaking lipo out of you rig!!!" Personal safety be damned, This is your Xmaxx were talking about here! lol. The part that really killed me was when he threw 2 pinches of sand on it. I was like "Bruh....if you're gonna try and smother the fire then you have to completely bury it so it can't get oxygen!" That being said lipo fires produce their own oxygen but still if you goal is to smother a non oxygen producing fire 2 pinches aint gonna do the trick lol
I was thinking the same thing. But in that situation, I would have probably looked like a blithering idiot myself as I stood there calculating the cost of replacing the chassis and surrounding parts vs dealing with scalded flesh falling off my hands for a few weeks. In the end, I would have probably done what he did once I noticed the battery mounts had melted away. I have had some really bad burns from an acetylene torch on my thumb, and I never want to go through that again. But I don't get the fiyah... fiyah... fiyah and slow reaction to what was going on. It makes me think he has more money than god and just didn't give a 💩 There would have been an unintelligible stream of obscenities pouring out of my mouth as I frantically tried to do something.

Any Xmaxx owners have any pro and cons on the Xmaxx belt drive system?
I got a belt drive in one and gears in another. I like the belt drive cause it's quiet and you won't hurt the drive train so bad on the need to stop suddenly. Though you lose some torque of the line and the in air correction suffers. But for just romping around and having a good time it's great.
I got a belt drive in one and gears in another. I like the belt drive cause it's quiet and you won't hurt the drive train so bad on the need to stop suddenly. Though you lose some torque of the line and the in air correction suffers. But for just romping around and having a good time it's great.
Temps could be a problem but Mine has a 730kv motor that is barley getting a workout.