Xmaxx 8s suspension

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homewood

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone come across there suspension getting stretched? For some odd reason my rear drivers side eyelet on the shock shaft has been stretched out. So far this has only happened on my proline powerstroke HD shock shafts! Me and my dad have been trying to figure it out, why and how is this possible? For the plastic to stretch like that would have to be getting to Temps of 300* to make the plastic soft enough to stretch so if anyone could help us out with this we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20211013_180101.jpg
    20211013_180101.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 115
Welcome to RCTalk. Hopefully one of these guys that has an Xmaxx has some insight one that.

Has anyone come across there suspension getting stretched? For some odd reason my rear drivers side eyelet on the shock shaft has been stretched out. So far this has only happened on my proline powerstroke HD shock shafts! Me and my dad have been trying to figure it out, why and how is this possible? For the plastic to stretch like that would have to be getting to Temps of 300* to make the plastic soft enough to stretch so if anyone could help us out with this we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Welcometo RCT bud

Holly crap that's crazy. How old are the shock shafts. Did you use a different shock pin? Pro line should have a warranty program. That's a new one too me bud..WOW!!! I will look into it for you see what I can find... give me a couple mins.👍👍
Did you have the balls in the eyelets?

Last edited:
That to me looks like there wasn't a ball in there. Like it just had a screw in it.

Balls were in both so the plastic had to heat up and the stretching actually happened by the ball cause I can put the ball in it and it perfectly fits the ball
Welcometo RCT bud

Holly crap that's crazy. How old are the shock shafts. Did you use a different shock pin? Pro line should have a warranty program. That's a new one too me bud..WOW!!! I will look into it for you see what I can find... give me a couple mins.👍👍
Did you have the balls in the eyelets?
They were both newer, original shock pin, and no other plastic in the area seems like it got hot! So I don't know what it could be?

Last edited:
Balls were in both so the plastic had to heat up and the stretching actually happened by the ball cause I can put the ball in it and it perfectly fits the ball

They were both newer, original shock pin, and no other plastic in the area seems like it got hot! So I don't know what it could be?
It makes no sense. The only way that could happen. Is if the balls weren't in. But you say they were. And for them to got hot enough with out any other parts warping. Is mind boggling. You say they were newer what's that mean. Either they are new or not?? What's they were newer? And they stretched downward.. 🤔
Did you call or email pro line about this? Where did you get them..and you got the hardware for those shafts? And didn't use the stock traxxas eyelets?

The shafts are made by proline and no I haven't contacted them yet I wanted to see if anyone else out there has been having the same issue first. They were new, but I don't know how many runs were put on them before they got stretched!

The shafts are made by proline and no I haven't contacted them yet I wanted to see if anyone else out there has been having the same issue first. They were new, but I don't know how many runs were put on them before they got stretched!
Is this a used Xmaxx? Or did you put the shafts in? This is the very first time hearing of this problem. Interested to see what Proline has to say... It could be a defective eyelet. I can't think of ever haven this problem. With any off my RC shocks....🤔🤔 I still haven't found anything about someone haven this problem sorry it happened man....

My original 6s outcast ones did that. It's from landing on the top/cartwheels pulling the wheels down. The only thing keeping the arm up is the shock, so that energy has to go somewhere. If the plastic was more brittle, it would have just broken vs stretched.
2018-0806-ArrmaAR330338-Stretched.jpg

That was after around 3 bash sessions, had the truck for a couple weeks.

My original 6s outcast ones did that. It's from landing on the top/cartwheels pulling the wheels down. The only thing keeping the arm up is the shock, so that energy has to go somewhere. If the plastic was more brittle, it would have just broken vs stretched.
2018-0806-ArrmaAR330338-Stretched.jpg

That was after around 3 bash sessions, had the truck for a couple weeks.
That sounds more like it. And the force that it goes threw doing cartwheels. Oh man I'm surprised and impressed they didn't break.. some strong plastic these days.👍👍

Back