X-Maxx Spur Gear Triple Bearing Support

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you have better luck than I did with that 3rd bearing. I ran the vitavon set mod 1.5 on a HW 1100kv and that little bearing blew up sometime during the first or second run. The kit I bought came with an extra little bearing for that block and the second one only lasted one run. Seems good in theory but in reality, I think that bearing is too small to do any real good. JMHO

I hope you have better luck than I did with that 3rd bearing. I ran the vitavon set mod 1.5 on a HW 1100kv and that little bearing blew up sometime during the first or second run. The kit I bought came with an extra little bearing for that block and the second one only lasted one run. Seems good in theory but in reality, I think that bearing is too small to do any real good. JMHO
It does seem small. I'll report how it does for sure!!!

This kit was only $20 so if it goes it goes hahaha. It was fine without it, just thought it'd be a cool addition.

Does anything hold that little bearing block from being able to slide up? That block being able to float up and down will definitely destroy that bearing pretty quick. That's not really a solution for anything unless that block is mounted solid.

Does anything hold that little bearing block from being able to slide up? That block being able to float up and down will definitely destroy that bearing pretty quick. That's not really a solution for anything unless that block is mounted solid.
Mine personally is jammed under my motor mount, so mine cannot move at all. Let me get a couple runs in and see. I've always thought all the bearings on the spur shaft were way to small but they seem to last forever, I've never had to replace them.

Although this one is super small as well I am now curious if itll go in the first couple runs. I personally dont think it will but we will see. The Xmaxx generally gets 1 to 2 packs put though it on my days off and I have 5 days off after today, woohoo!!!

Well I got a run in after work, started getting dark so didnt do a video. Probably do one tomorrow. So far so good. Ran my traxxas 6700 packs from full to 3.7v per cell. Used my ramp and did many backflips off my rock wall. Wasn't skate parking it but also wasn't easy on it.

Lets see what tomorrow brings!!!

Hmmm well run number two is down, No signs of wear. I wonder if WickedFog was right and the bearing block just needs supported as mine is wedged in there tight. I did not hold back on it today at all like I did yesterday. She will get probably 4 to 6 more full 8s packs ran through her throughout this weekend and tested on my brutal ramp. All will be reported back to this thread.

Maybe that was my issue. I'm running the M2C motor mount and brace and it doesn't support that block at all.

Well I did two 8s packs today.... That's 4 full 8s packs from full to LVC. I think she has been tested lolol. Good to go!!!

Last edited:
Deep Cleaning and re-lubed all the bearings!!

2023-11-26 13_26_56-PXL_20231125_222924414.TS.mp4 - VLC media player.png
PXL_20231126_171509799.jpg
PXL_20231126_171502803.jpg
PXL_20231126_171455463.jpg
PXL_20231126_171447575.jpg
PXL_20231126_171440752.jpg
PXL_20231126_171437591.jpg
2023-11-26 13_29_00-PXL_20231126_173643187.TS.mp4 - VLC media player.png
2023-11-26 13_29_21-PXL_20231126_173847198.TS.mp4 - VLC media player.png

Yes. I saw the video. You didn't mention what kv motor or the tooth count on the gears. Unless I missed it both times.

Lol i guess all I did is link them in the description. My bad. 800kv, 35t spur, 25t pinion - Diameter wise, being its mod1.5, its about like having a 48t mod1 spur and a 36 or 38t mod1 pinion.

I have the Max 5 1100kv combo coming. I also ordered a 35t M1.5 spur. I'm just trying to get ideas for the pinion gear. Thinking a 25t.

The funny thing about these mod1.5's. They don't cost anymore then mod1 and seem to be unbreakable. I honestly at this point recommend anyone that has had any spur pinion issues on the X-Maxx to buy this and upgrade instead. And if they have the stock motor just get this adapter "below". I use these adapters on Boats, Heli's, and Bashers. And the beauty of a 2.5mm grub screw is just magical haha. Even if you're mod1 I still convert to 8mm shaft using the adapter if needed just to have that 2.5mm set screw.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBC6WQNH?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Edit:
Here is my 4985 Max 6 in my limitless. Its only a 5mm shaft, but I bumped it up to 8mm. I did the same on my outcast as well. I really hate 2.0mm grub screws that much haha.
PXL_20231115_002108812.MP.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Max 5 1100kv combo coming. I also ordered a 35t M1.5 spur. I'm just trying to get ideas for the pinion gear. Thinking a 25t.
Sick man!!! You're gonna love it!!! Thing is indestructible and because of the Can size heat is non-existant for normal/medium applications. When I first got this It was still warm out here, 80s and 90s, with tons of humidity. Ran it full trigger off road a few packs. Never got above 130 lol. ESC stays about 10% cooler then the motor. Thing is a beast.

25t like I have is good, I may step up to 27, I think 30 would be doing standing backflips so thats a bit much for me right now.

Also update to the thread...... I have ran two more full packs, 6 - 8s packs down and 0 issues with the 3rd bearing support!! YeeHaw!!

Last edited:
Back