X-Maxx servo wiring problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutts4RC

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hey gang. I'm hoping someone can help a guy out. I was working on doing some upgrades on my xmaxx 8s and i unplugged all but the channel 1 and 2 wires going to the stock servo. Could someone please tell me where the other 3 wires (black and red wire together with a black plug, and this wire loom pictured as i dont know how to describe it lol. Thank you all for your help

16595564328987688633127290643562.jpg

Channel 1 is steering- some trucks have 2 servos and therefore 2 slots.

Channel 2 is the esc.

The batt channel should be for leds, unless channel 3 or 4 is used IF you have a on off via remote.

I dont have an Xmaxx. Can you post pics of what it goes to? I'm thinking maybe a bec or the telemetry stuff.

to me it look like after market light were put on that x.. no worry no need for that extra plug tape it up and use other as steering.
a great find..
https://www.dasmikro.com/

to me it look like after market light were put on that x.. no worry no need for that extra plug tape it up and use other as steering.
a great find..
https://www.dasmikro.com/
I bought it new unopened straight from hobbytown bud. I'm working on upgrades and like i said accidentally unplugged the wires. Just needed to know what wire goes to what channel. Its still all stock electronics for now so i want to wire it back up the way it was stock. I just didnt note where the wires went before they got pulled

I bought it new unopened straight from hobbytown bud. I'm working on upgrades and like i said accidentally unplugged the wires. Just needed to know what wire goes to what channel. Its still all stock electronics for now so i want to wire it back up the way it was stock. I just didnt note where the wires went before they got pulled
Those are temp sensors for the motor, don’t remember which channel they plug in to.

Hey gang. I'm hoping someone can help a guy out. I was working on doing some upgrades on my xmaxx 8s and i unplugged all but the channel 1 and 2 wires going to the stock servo. Could someone please tell me where the other 3 wires (black and red wire together with a black plug, and this wire loom pictured as i dont know how to describe it lol. Thank you all for your help

View attachment 150062
UPDATE: i got it hooked up. The light on the esc is a solid green. But the little light on the receiver is blinking i think green but it could be yellow idk bc I'm color blind. The throttle and steering works. Fans on motor and esc are operational. Is the light on the receiver supposed to constantly blink though?

UPDATE: i got it hooked up. The light on the esc is a solid green. But the little light on the receiver is blinking i think green but it could be yellow idk bc I'm color blind. The throttle and steering works. Fans on motor and esc are operational. Is the light on the receiver supposed to constantly blink though?
Mine receiver is constant green color ( I think unbound is blinking red ), if it works it should be fine, but if you use the TRX link it might not have motor temp.