Would you recommend this ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

militarymaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My newly acquired STORM RTR doesn't have any holes in the wheels. Many R/C vehicles have this or have it done to allow for a wider footprint and to aid in the suspension. Did GS miss this or should I drill away ????

I don't have holes in any of my tires.

Tell you what - don't worry about the stock wheels because you will more than likely change them right after break in. They are very, very, soft tires that shredded to pieces just after tuning and a couple of runs.

I chose to go with Total Racing Connection Grip buggy tires. In fact, here is a copy of what I wrote in a previous thread. The information may help you decide on your future hop ups...

Ok fellas! The Verdict is in......

I took your advice and here's what I went and did.

1. Installed the Dynamite single chamber pipe.

2. Installed the Mugen Air Filter

3. Spent a day tuning.

This car by far one of the fastest buggies I've seen out at our local track. There is a pretty nice triple that I've only witnessed a few cars clear and I was clearing it pretty often. I did buy some new tires since the stock treads pretty much fell off the first day which helped me a great deal.

Since that post I decided to go with the Dynamite Double Chamber pipe. The single chamber pipe is almost identical to the stock pipe which is VERY LOUD! Also, the air filter that is on there is like 90% covered with a blue plastic piece (at least mine was) which limits air intake and is specifically designed for water/muddy conditions. You may want to change that right away since less air = less power.

I bent a shock tower a tiny, tiny, bit and bought the Storm Pro towers to replace when needed.

It's a great ride - have fun! and let me know if you have any more questions.

and there's more.....

Thanks for the info. I have a few more questions if you don't mind.
I've been an E-Maxx guy for some time now and some, but not much crosses over to the buggies. So I find myself in this new forum asking all new questions. Anyways, I can't say enough good things about these forums as far as where to go when I need good accurate info. OK, enough smoozing. Like I said in my earlier thread, I have a STORM and I would like to know the following: 1. How to securely attach the antenna tube to the spring (or does it just sit in there loosely). 2. Can I shorten the length of fuel tubing or does it need to be routed around the engine. 3. What the heck is this extra piece that came in the box
(picture below)

fc09ac9a.jpg

Again, Thanks for all the help.

Here is what I got (which is not much) ;-):

1. The Antenna just sits in the spring, no need to fasten it. It stays fastened by the black cap that's up at the top. You can actually get it pretty snug.

2. I don't know much about the re-routing the fuel tubing so I don't really have a recommendation here. I do know that I read a thread (not sure which forum) that went into detail about fuel tubing and lengths. I figure I would just leave it since that is how GS did it.

3. I am in the same boat as you! I have no idea what that part is and mine is in my tool box doing nothing. If you find out please let me know what the heck it is.

I myself am a T-Maxx guy and was used to the quality of the Traxxas forums. I grew a little concerned when I figured out GS didn't have something like that set up for their customers. In fact, their website is still under construction. Hopefully there will be something up pretty soon.

Anyhow, out of all the forums I posted at I have to say this is the best. There are a great deal of fellow RCers willing to help.

I ran mine yesterday and again it was performing awesome. One thing I can recommend is lock tite. Make sure you lock tite all the bolts and screws you can. Trust me. I check my screws in between runs and I always find a loose one. Most RTR's have this problem since they don't really hand tighten each one at the factory.

Also, I am not sure if this is your first nitro (and pardon me if it is not) but make sure you do a proper break in of the engine. This is VERY, VERY, important.

Have a good one!

Last edited:
Baycrew, Can you give me a link to where i can get the pipe from (the dynamite one) i also bought a CML air filter that looks alright i can't try it out till christmas so I'm gonna get all my bits now. I'm gonna try my car without any hops up then put the hop ups on and check the difference/preformance.

Yeh, I have bought it second hand its my first RC nitro car so i dont want a brand new one but a savage will be my first investment in a brand new car (for bashing and jumping and just whatever) i can get it for £374.99p can anyone else get in anywhere cheaper in a shop not to far away from Stoke-On-Trent or staffordshire or even crew either i just need it cheap...

And is there a place in the UK that i can buy a dynamite pipe as shipping will probaly cost more than the pipe

Last edited:
mystery part identified

That mystery part was identified by another rc'r in another forum.
It mounts next to my servos and is used to attach the track transponder to it during a race.